Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-09-2021, 11:32 AM   #1

2000 National Caribbean

I recently purchased a 2000 National Caribbean and have been looking for the valve to drain the fresh water tank for DAYS!! Are there any other Caribbean owners out there? Thanks.
Lesterthedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2021, 01:43 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ask on the National RV forum. Mods move for him.

Glenn
Old 06-09-2021, 01:58 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Are you looking for the location of that valve, or a replacement valve?

Some coaches use the pump to push the tank water out through the low point drains, so have no gravity drain valve. My 2002 Dolphin did have one, though, and it was quite obvious when the door to the water connection bay was opened. I gather you have looked there as well as directly underneath, but don't find anything?
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 02:46 PM   #4

I asked there a week ago but there doesn't seem to be anyone on there with a Caribbean.
Old 06-09-2021, 03:32 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
First have you tried posting in the National owners forum? I have a 2001Tradewinds and it's possible your fresh water drain is in the same place...try the first forward bay on the passenger side, you might find a small access in the upper left corner of the bay, there will be a red valve there if its like mine. Hope this helps.
Old 06-09-2021, 03:41 PM   #6

Thank you so much!! That's exactly where it is. I couldn't see the removable panel until you told me where to look. I owe you a cold one!
Old 06-09-2021, 03:45 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesterthedog View Post
Thank you so much!! That's exactly where it is. I couldn't see the removable panel until you told me where to look. I owe you a cold one!
Glad you found it! Next time your in Canada I'll let you buy me a real beer ...lol cheers 🍻
Old 06-13-2021, 12:55 PM   #8

2000 Caribbean

Lester the Dog,
We also are new owners of a 2000 Caribbean. I am looking for the oil dipstick. We see the transmission fluid dipstick and the tube for the oil, but no dipstick. Can you help?
Oopsydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 07:13 PM   #9

Dipstick

Your dipstick is on the upper right side near the oil fill location. There is a good chance it is above the solid panel. They were not fastened down very well. Mine has a yellow loop on it. Should be able to see it when you raise the bed too but take care when the bed is up. They are heavy and the gas shocks cannot be trusted to keep it elevated. I use two props to help hold it up and always have a friend with me for a safety watch. We bought ours new and now has 81k on it. Not much that I haven't worked on or changed. Feel free to call on me if you have questions.
Whaler
Whaler2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 07:20 AM   #10

2000 Caribbean

Whaler 2,
I think you may be correct about it being under the bed...I will check but right now the bed is covered with stuff being used to repair the wood under the driver's window. Husband has peeled away all the rotted wood and is down to steel and insulation...what a chore for him, as I'm sure you know. Since you have a Caribbean, I have been reading your past posts and comments about the coach. Articles about the steering have been interesting as the last time we drove it, my husband was fighting the steering wheel the entire time. It certainly wasn't enjoyable for him so we will follow some of the information from your posts...we have put on new shocks since last summer and he just completed putting new seals on the jacks as those were worn out. I think he's almost ready to put the new wood in, then we need to match the vinyl Probably then on to the next issue...this is a weird situation but the very bottom of the slide out post gets wet whether the slide is in or out. The floor isn't wet, just the bottom of the post (the one closest to the front of the coach). We cannot find a leak on the top of the slide, and for the life of us, can't figure out how just the bottom, maybe 4 inches is getting wet...
Oopsydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 03:14 PM   #11

Nor'easters Club
I have a 2001 Caribbean, my fresh water drain valve is located in the first compartment behind the entry door. Open the compartment, in the top left cornerr there is a small 8" X 8" access door held inplace with (4) screws. If you remove the access door there is a ball valve approx. 18" back inside along the bottom of the fresh water tank. Open it and drain your tank.
We have had our Caribbean since 2011 and love it. If you know any Cummins guys there is plenty of extra in that motor by tweeking it a bit. I got mine up to 330 HP and about 700 Ft # torque. What a differance.
Good luck and enjoy
HJShirk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
national