Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-04-2021, 07:23 PM   #1

2000 National power distribution panel

I had to remove and service the coach batteries today. Now I can't get ac or dc inside the coach other than the water heater seems to be on. But the fridge won't come back on. Yes I checked my wiring on the housebbattery bank.
Could this be a transfer switch issue?
Is the power distribution center resetable?
Thanks
Rozro is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2021, 07:30 PM   #2

I have this diagram PDF from a 2002 National system indicating a large reset DC power circuit breaker ( with no location )
But 120 volt power shouldn't be an issue ,
Particularly if one appliance appears to be working .
Attached Files
File Type: pdf National RV wiring.pdf (566.0 KB, 19 views)
Old 02-04-2021, 07:40 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Does everything turn on with your generator? Might be a way to diagnose the transfer switch. Maybe Check in line fuses and the breakers/ reset on your inverter charger?
Old 02-04-2021, 08:14 PM   #4

I'm still looking. I found a reset button on the power distribution center but no results with it.
I tried another trick with the transfer switch which was to disconnect the battery bank turn off the ac power to the coach then turn it back on and reconnect the battery bank.
I have ac inside the coach just no dc. No l7ghts no fridge. But the water heater comes on. That's what I find odd.
Old 02-04-2021, 09:57 PM   #5

I found conflicting info from Xantrex and National.
First while in the process of removing the house batteries I noticed that the inverter/charger was grounded to the RV frame. Xantrex says to never do this. On the other hand I found after doing some reading on National that the coach batteries are to be grounded to the frame.
I removed that ground from the inverter/charger ground and ran it only to the coach batteries. It looks like I'm going to have to reattach that ground to the frame. I will post any success or failures in that process. But I'm getting that's my problem.
Now, I am only working on the National as I own a 2000 Fleetwood class A. But I continue to learn.
Old 02-07-2021, 12:57 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Make sure your battery switch is on.
jimnkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 05:31 PM   #7

You're going to find a lot more issues like the one you described between Xantrax and National. National Electrical Engineers refused to wire the control panels per the manufacturer's recommendations. I know, because I had to have mine rewired when I installed new batteries, because they were incorrectly wired. The manufacturer of the control panel is still in business, NationalRV is not.
Old 02-08-2021, 10:33 PM   #8

Reattaching the ground to the frame worked. Now onward. I tried to program the Xantrex remote without success. I did figure out that button has two functions while in set up mode. From what I can tell it's the Basic remote interface. The inverter is dated 2010. But so far I haven't been able to find much info on Xantrex products from then. It's one step forward and two back with this project. Any Xantrex experts out there? Please chime in.

Tags
national, panel, power