Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-23-2021, 04:06 PM   #1

2002 National Tradewinds 7391 window seal

I am having the drivers side window, the small one, replaced because it is fogged beyond repair. As you know, the window has a heavy rubber seal inside instead of screws to hold the frame tight. The problem is, I cannot locate a new rubber seal for the inside that goes around the frame. Does anyone have a suggestion on where this can be found, as I really need to replace the fogged glass.
tradewinds73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2021, 06:53 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via Skype™ to JJH3rd
There are several places around the U.S.A. that will remove the driver's/rider's side windows, take them apart clean, restore, and reinstall them in one day. It is much less expensive than buying and installing replacement windows. We used on just north of Tampa FL and are very happy with the experience.
JJH3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 01:04 PM   #3

Thanks, I checked with the company in Hudson ,FL., they can repair the fogged window, but cannot locate the inside rubber seal that really holds the window frame tight, not allowing air or water to enter. There is no metal frame that is attached with screws to the window frame, just the heavy rubber seal. I have not been able to locate anyone who can help me find the rubber seal. Any help from our members will be greatly appreciated....
Old 11-24-2021, 04:13 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
In the bottom corner of the window the manufacture should haved etched his name in the glass. HEHR SE-GI
Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 05:27 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Check with RV Glass Solutions. They are in Eugene, Oregon or at least they used to be.
Submustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 06:56 PM   #6

My 2003 National Dolphin has the same window, I think. It's my understanding that National used a window set with 2 sided tape and the heavy molding you described. During the heat last summer my window slid down due to the tape not being able to take the heat. This resulted in a gap at the top where the molding fell into the opening. I reset the window with "2 sided tape" and added 2 blocks under the bottom of the window to prevent any future movement.

I'm disappointed in National as the opening is much larger than the window and only the tape holds it in the middle of the opening.
ChasRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 06:51 AM   #7

I took the windows apart and just put one window back instead if the dual pane. Lots of silicone. It had gasket creep and was fogged. No leaks so far. The slider window isn't as tight as I would like but it works.
69 roadrunne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 01:35 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Foggy window

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 roadrunne View Post
I took the windows apart and just put one window back instead if the dual pane. Lots of silicone. It had gasket creep and was fogged. No leaks so far. The slider window isn't as tight as I would like but it works.
Did you take the whole assy. out to do this? Tell us more, please.
Old 12-08-2021, 03:15 PM   #9

window seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submustang View Post
Check with RV Glass Solutions. They are in Eugene, Oregon or at least they used to be.

I did find RVGlass in Oregon. They still have a supply of the rubber snap in seal for the windows. I ordered 20 feet, need about 12, will probably need the extra at some point in time...
Old 12-09-2021, 07:02 AM   #10

foggy window- gasket creep tradewinds 7371

I removed the complete window, it was the drivers 3 window unit. took frame apart so i could work on each individual window. used piano wire to cut thru the gasket holding the dual panes together. cleaned windows and just put back one pane , the best one. put back in frame and used a big tube of silicone to seal window in frame. put complete window back in motorhome. didn't replace rubber gasket on frame to M/H seal, just put a little silicone on it. put some more silicone on top and sides to seal to M/H. left bottom unsealed to let any water out. came out pretty good. I had to drill holes in dash on side to get to screws that hold window frame in M/H. didn't take any pictures. Had a friend help me. need two sets of hands.
69 roadrunne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
national, seal, wind, window