Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2014, 06:27 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
2002 Sea Breeze Dash

I have a couple questions on the switches/ controls on an 02 Sea Breeze LX.

1. Can you prime the generator from the dashboard switch. There is only a Strt/Stp option on the switch.
2. What exactly does the Boost switch do?
3. What does the Aux switch next to the boost do?
4. The leveling jack control pad seemed to have no power. Are we missing something simple or is there really a problem? E- brake was set, trans was in Park, ignition key was on.
Thanks for your help. This is a coach we are considering for purchase.
TC Wndsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2014, 09:03 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
See comments below base on my 2001 dolphin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC Wndsr View Post
I have a couple questions on the switches/ controls on an 02 Sea Breeze LX.

1. Can you prime the generator from the dashboard switch. There is only a Strt/Stp option on the switch.
No. Prime is only on generator. I've found if it's run recently it will start from dash with no primer.
2. What exactly does the Boost switch do?
Ties house batteries to chassis to "boost start" if chassis battery is low. I've seem multiple coaches that the solenoid fails and this doesn't work. I've gotten by for years when it doesn't work.
3. What does the Aux switch next to the boost do?
Mine isn't hooked to anything. Was for optional addons
4. The leveling jack control pad seemed to have no power. Are we missing something simple or is there really a problem? E- brake was set, trans was in Park, ignition key was on.
Should work this way. Check with key in accessory. COuld just be a bad switch or fuse.?
Thanks for your help. This is a coach we are considering for purchase.
mike9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 09:38 AM   #3

National RV Owners Club
2002 Sea Breeze Dash

If the coach batteries are disconnected at the Battery Disconnect Switch,
the jacks will not work.
gusfd94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 11:14 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
My generator is primed by pushing the off side of the toggle switch (on the dash) for several seconds before starting it. The red light will come on and you'll hear it. My generator is fuel injected so that may be a reason for the prime.
kennersonf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 12:38 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
We tried using the off side of the toggle to prime but that wasn't the case on this one.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:08 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
On my 2001 National Surf Side I think the engine has to be running before the jacks will turn on & operate. I can't check for sure as our MH is not parked here at home.
So, try starting the engine and see if that works.
Good Luck,

Richard
Old 09-26-2014, 10:15 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
We tried it with the motor running. Still didn't get anything, no indicator lights at all on the control pad. It seems like its not getting power at all.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:30 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
There should be a wire that goes to a switch on the parking brake mechanism. This wire merely pushes onto the switch. The wire may have fallen off. We travel with cats and one of them knocked this wire off. I experienced the same symptoms that you are reporting.
kennersonf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 09:59 AM   #9

National RV Owners Club
If the generator hasn't been run in a while you may have to hold the button in off positionfor minute oOE so until light turns on. Pressure is built up so it can run.

On the jacks my pad is powered by house batteries the pump is powered by chassis and requires key on. Without both jacks don't work.

2006 Dolphin 5355
Tahiti16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash