Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-27-2015, 12:23 PM   #15

National RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I appreciate the responses. I will check the airflow through the defroster vents. The reason I asked about a filter is I know in my dealings with residential AC if airflow is restricted across the evaporator coils even if charge is correct the boil-off is effected. I am going to actually throw some gauges on it this afternoon after work and see what the pressures actually are. Getting to the connection points is a bit challenging. I found a low pressure connection point through the generator access hatch, above the genset in the front for the coach but noting on or around the compressor itself.
pledbett is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2015, 03:40 PM   #16

These are the home web sites for the two major suppliers of dash A/C units for Class A , coaches. The company name on my coach was cast into the plastic housing by the heater hoses.

Evans Tempcon, Inc - Service Parts

HVAC Systems | DENSO Heavy Duty
Old 04-28-2015, 09:03 PM   #17

National RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Just wanted to say thank you again to all the responses. For an update, I put some gauges on the unit and added close to two small cans of refrigerant and that seemed to do the trick. Took a couple temperature reading across the evaporator and it looked good.
Double checked that I was getting full liquid exiting the condenser coils. That seemed well also. Planning a short trip this weekend so I should be able to give it a good test. I checked as many of the connections as I could with some bubble detector soap and did not find any evidence of leaking but it was getting very late so a more complete inspection will be coming. Again thanks for all the great ideas.
Old 04-29-2015, 11:25 PM   #18

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Possibly the shaft seal on the compressor is leaking. Need an electronic leak detector for that. You can also check if the pulley is slinging oil. If it is there will be a line of oil on other surfaces in line with the pulley.
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat Pickup 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000,1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700, 2,740 Pin Weight.
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 09:41 AM   #19

National RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks. I wasn't sure if my sniffer would pick up this type of refrigerant or not. I know there were some types it would not register.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:59 PM   #20

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Feel the hoses on both sides of the compressor, or go to the lower radiator in front of the axle is where mine is. Its a diesel pusher. To see if one side is cold and the other side is hot. If one side is very very cold then you know that portions of your system is working. That would be my first quick check
daledrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 05:33 PM   #21

National RV Owners Club
This will recharge and stop minor leaks on the low pressure side.
Fjc Fj501 R134A Advanced Stop Leak 22Oz Detector And Sealer - Walmart.com

My fitting was in the front behind the headlights. Some are hard to get at because of the Genny but it's manageable. If you have a leak on the high pressure side you'll probably need a pro to do it. The fittings are different sizes so you can't get the wrong one. R134A is correct for my 1999 Tradewinds.

Good Luck
Dick

Tags
dash