Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2018, 08:54 AM   #15

Thank you for the inspiration lol.. here are a few more pics after some pressure washing lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	23407.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	212.2 KB
ID:	215382   Click image for larger version

Name:	23408.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	207.4 KB
ID:	215384  

Click image for larger version

Name:	23356.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	219.5 KB
ID:	215385  
mtnman9457 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2018, 09:25 AM   #16

Ford Super Duty Owner
Well, It looks like it cleaned up nice...

I'd go through and look at all the mechanicals; grease, brakes, filters, fluids, tires, etc.. I start out looking at everything carefully and not spend any money on anything until I'm reasonably confident I won't run into any bank breaking expenses.. i.e. If I run into something big, i.e. blown engine / tranny, etc, I can still walk away from it.

If you can DIY, plan on spending a few hundred dollars on filters, fluids, belt, brakes.. If it looks like a keeper, it probably needs tires, plan on about $1500 for good tires.

If it was ever under water over 2 ft deep, I would open the rear end and take a peek.. If you do this, catch the fluid as its expensive. If everything is OK, re-use the old fluid. ( Water can get into the rear end via the vent tube)

I have an F53 checklist on my site that I use to check the chassis portion. This could give you some ideas on what to look at..

F53 inspection maintenance checklist – 1999 Southwind 35S

Find the source of the leaks and evaluate the damage.. From the photos, it didn't look to bad..
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 12:23 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiter21 View Post
Well, It looks like it cleaned up nice...

I'd go through and look at all the mechanicals; grease, brakes, filters, fluids, tires, etc.. I start out looking at everything carefully and not spend any money on anything until I'm reasonably confident I won't run into any bank breaking expenses.. i.e. If I run into something big, i.e. blown engine / tranny, etc, I can still walk away from it.

If you can DIY, plan on spending a few hundred dollars on filters, fluids, belt, brakes.. If it looks like a keeper, it probably needs tires, plan on about $1500 for good tires.

If it was ever under water over 2 ft deep, I would open the rear end and take a peek.. If you do this, catch the fluid as its expensive. If everything is OK, re-use the old fluid. ( Water can get into the rear end via the vent tube)

I have an F53 checklist on my site that I use to check the chassis portion. This could give you some ideas on what to look at..

F53 inspection maintenance checklist – 1999 Southwind 35S

Find the source of the leaks and evaluate the damage.. From the photos, it didn't look to bad..
Thank you.. I drove this rig from columbia ga to north Alabama.. I got 79 miles from home before it stopped running. Drive line has 12k on it. Been sitting since 07, where it was parked it just got rained on and started leaking at the caps. My g/f ex just ignored it and moved to Washington state. Didn't know it wa this bad untill we went and seen it after the bank was calling her.
Old 08-17-2018, 06:48 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Probably fuel filters and old gasoline. That's the first thing I'd check... And the cheapest.
Cuffemdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 05:05 PM   #19

Bank run don’t walk! It looks like more then just the caps are leaking. And water damage over time is black mold not something you can easily get read of. Lots of other issue A/C Roof and dash! What ever you do good luck [emoji106]
lrsses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 05:36 PM   #20

I guess I'll be the one standout here. I have no idea what you paid (if anything), but I think this was not a bad acquisition. I'd be all over it. As long as you're reasonably handy, you can make this work for you. I love these kinds of "pet projects", especially if the bones are reasonably good. Leaks? Pfffft...they all leak at some point. My only regret was a camper I got for free. Once I had it apart, I realized it was unsalvageable (due to the design). A Moho is different though and has more structure to make it work. It looks like your leak at the front can be easily repaired. I bought a boat once that needed new spars and floor due to rot. A Winter of no-rush DIY and I had a beautiful boat which we used for 9 years. I sold it at a profit. Everyone thought I was crazy.
Roadfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 06:04 PM   #21

MOULD!!!!! Have to remove all headliner and inspect....do not want to breathe the air inside there
coaster48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 06:22 PM   #22

"Mold" Another scam fuelled by abatement companies that make a fortune on unfounded fears. When I see mold, I clean it. Done.

Geez...I'm becoming more and more like my Dad every day. lol
Roadfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 11:27 AM   #23

Lol.. thanks for all the input.. it will be a long slow process.. know nothing about a rv. I have been a auto mechanic for about 25 years or so. gotta start at top for water leak. I already know that both caps front and back are leaking,just gotta figure out how to get all those cabinets over cab out and replace. next question is what kind of roof do these have?
Old 08-23-2018, 11:30 AM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Looks like a money pit
jarata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 01:16 PM   #25

It’s a rubber roof. Find someone to spray one of those rhino roofs on it. As a mechanic, you got this. Btw, what did you do to your get it home? Interior, strip it all, take it all apart, clean it, salvage whatever you can and put it back with the basics. Then get a couple movie recliners and a flat screen tv.
Basics for camping:
Reliable drivetrain
Comfy living area
Good refrigerator
Kitchen sink
A few cabinets
Working bathroom
Comfy bed
Working ac
Smells good

Do these and have fun!
Old 08-23-2018, 01:38 PM   #26

My 2006 Sea Breeze has a fiberglass roof and I think yours does, too. I've read that these models sometimes leak where the front and rear caps butt up to the fiberglass roof and that the fix is to seal the joint with Eternabond tape and Dicor caulk. A lot will depend on how extensive the water damage is between the ceiling and the roof and if it got into the sidewalls. My rv has the tape over those joints, something National started doing around 2005-6 and so far, has never leaked. Keep us updated on your progress and good luck with your project.
StephenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 01:51 PM   #27

Concur a 2005 Sea Breeze is fiberglass roof. Check also all areas where things are mounted, tv antenna etc.
Civdiv99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 02:15 PM   #28

mtnman9457 - Where are you at in North Alabama. I'm in Madison, had a similar problem with my National Tradewinds RV. I fixed our roof before i drive it to Alabama from Houston. IM me, maybe i can help.

Rob

Tags
national, breeze