Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2018, 03:40 PM   #29

The tv antenna or where the satellite cables enter the roof would be the first place I would start, based on the pics.
StephenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2018, 03:44 PM   #30

Ford Super Duty Owner
If you not doing all of your own work, than dump it ASAP, for the cost of labor will empty your wallet long before the cost of parts will.
JohnSiebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 06:21 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnman9457 View Post
Lol.. thanks for all the input.. it will be a long slow process.. know nothing about a rv. I have been a auto mechanic for about 25 years or so. gotta start at top for water leak. I already know that both caps front and back are leaking,just gotta figure out how to get all those cabinets over cab out and replace. next question is what kind of roof do these have?
Atta boy....you can do this. If I lived anywhere near you, I'd offer my help. I love these kind of projects.
Roadfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 10:46 AM   #32

Im in elkmont alabama. Im almost positive its rubber .. whatever it is is kinda loose like rubber any way lol..
mtnman9457 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 01:18 PM   #33

Was your drive problem a fuel filter. Keep us posted on how it's going
BillB100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 04:33 PM   #34

I think you meant, start with fuel....and matches!
Caguama12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 04:53 PM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
Yes, it is a fuel issue....dirty filters (start there first) check hoses, put in fresh gas, try again. Could be your gauge is a liar. If it ran really rich..ie black fuel Rich smell...could be a sunk float (floats will do that)

Go for it....there might be 3 gas filters.....old fuel lines can work fine, until fuel level drops to a point where stronger suction sucks air.
Old 09-02-2018, 05:47 PM   #36

I Feel Your Sea Breeze Pain - And A Motrin Won't Cure It

My first uneducated RV purchase was a 1998 Sea Breeze. The guy that sold it to me is probably still laughing.
My fun quickly turned into a money pit. Didn't know what to inspect pre-sale, trusting the seller. Water damage is the root of all evil and never goes away. Your unit appears to have been left for years uncovered in a field or a lake. Repair shop finally said they couldn't in good conscience take any more money from me. When I leaned on an interior wall and my hand went through, I basically gave it away, lost thousands. If you have to keep it, have an RV inspection done on everything, tires, structure, AC, Heat, appliances, tanks, everything! I wish you better results than I had. It's not the brand, all maintenance.
RoadRelax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 05:54 PM   #37

I bought a 1996 Monaco dynasty for 9500 bucks because of water damage. Had to tear up the floors down to the frame. I have some carpenters skills and was able to fix this for about 1500 bucks. Have made 5 trips to Minnesota from San Diego and back with it and it’s the best motor home I have ever owned. However in 96 it was top of the line and new ones still are. I paid 250 K for a brand new one in 2009 and wound up in a dispute with the manufacturer and just said come and get it. It was a pos. Then by good fortune came across the Monaco. Took some work but it’s the best rig I have ever owned, and it’s paid for!
Cragars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 06:03 PM   #38

if it ran ok for 200 miles its probly ok. bad gas maybe or crud from the bottom of the tank. drive train probly ok. get up on the roof and check for soft spots.if you fall thru...
the drive train is worth some $$. how many miles on it? national made good mh's. the frame is all metal i believe. if your roof is still solid, clean the front and rear caps and reseal with dicor. no one knows what you have til you do more investigating. no one knows sight unseen, doesn't matter how smart they think they are
my 05 seabreeze roof is epdm.
dros_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 06:26 PM   #39

National RV Owners Club
There's a great probability the roof is fiber glass. National didn't go cheap.
RAB TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 06:57 PM   #40

Run away as fast as you can and don’t look back it’s no such a thing as a RV “ fixer upper”

Zzotte
Old 09-02-2018, 08:32 PM   #41

Seabreze

If the roof is rubber there is two types of rubber material. They must be treated/ repaired different. Epmd and tpo rubber. Best i rember epmd is white on top and black on bottom while tpo is white all way thru. Drop bath vent or inside a/c trim to maybe see some trim tab piece of orginal roof.
Good luck with er
Old 09-03-2018, 06:01 AM   #42

Put a bullet in it Walk away.... no run...
edaa53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
national, breeze