Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2021, 05:36 AM   #1

2005 Sea Breeze WATER LEAK SEEKING HELP

Hello to all Natl owners fairly new to us is a 2005 Sea Breeze 1321 V10 F53 Chasis. This year upon storing under the bed lift we noticed an excessive amount of water on the sub floor under the bedroom slide area. We have Eternabond taped the rear cap seam, sealed the trim on the verticals with Dicor Non self leveling. We had it looked at and are being told tht the etrnabond has wrinkles in it causing water to leak under the tape, and the clearance lights and ladder stanchons need to be sealed and should solve the problem. Looking for some suggesions and thoughts from previous Sea Breeze owners if they have had the same problem. Slide out has a new topper and the stitched seam has been sealed as well. Slide seals seem to be in good order, but may replace as well to take out of theproblem , if we do has anyone done this before and where did you purchase the replacement seals? Our question is if i remove the ladder stanchons to seal them do i use butyl tape as well with the clearance lights seal with butyl tape? Your thoughts are greatly appreciated as we love the coach and enjoy Rv'ingwith friends an family.
afe travls and Happy Thanksgiving to all.
dpchjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2021, 08:53 AM   #2

The water could be coming from almost anywhere. Before you start tearing things apart, test for leaks both inside and out.

For the outside, try using a water hose. For the inside, you may have to do some serious crawling around.

For example, we noticed a wet floor in our bedroom near the shower. So first candidate was some sort of shower leak. I ended up removing a heat vent near the shower and was able to look under the tub. Sure enough, it was wet.
TechWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 12:26 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
If you rear cap is like mine there is a good 3 to 4 inch gap between the rear cap and rear wall. You can check by laying under the back of the rig and looking up behind the rear cap. And the wires for the rear lights run down between this gap. As for the wrinkles in the tape just clean the area and use your self leveling calk over the ends of the wrinkled area same goes for where the ladder attaches to the roof no need to take the ladder off just clean the old calk and area and add new calk.
I would suspect the slide out seals next time you level and it's rain or going to rain just leave the side with the slide out at a little downward angle doesn't need to be much just a tad.
John Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 04:29 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Hi there...unless your eternabond is loose on the leading edge ...the wrinkles shouldn't really matter as the factory Dicor underneath is probably causing it to look that way. But the above advice to seal the edges is good if it is loose. Your clearance lights generally should be sealed with proflex or silicone across the top edge where the lens attaches to the fiberglass mold.. leave the bottom alone so condensation can escape. Butyl tape is the right application for your ladder, with a good bead of proflex over the screws afterward. Water leaks are frustrating things for sure as they can come from just about any opening or intrusion. Be sure to store your unit as level as possible too...otherwise water can sometimes creep in the bottom of the slide and run in. Good luck with everything.
Old 11-27-2021, 11:40 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wayne View Post
If you rear cap is like mine there is a good 3 to 4 inch gap between the rear cap and rear wall. You can check by laying under the back of the rig and looking up behind the rear cap. And the wires for the rear lights run down between this gap. As for the wrinkles in the tape just clean the area and use your self leveling calk over the ends of the wrinkled area same goes for where the ladder attaches to the roof no need to take the ladder off just clean the old calk and area and add new calk.
I would suspect the slide out seals next time you level and it's rain or going to rain just leave the side with the slide out at a little downward angle doesn't need to be much just a tad.
This is my thought too. I think leaks on the clearance lights would likely fall to the ground. I suppose they could run down the wood or the wires and find their way to the floor of the slide, but I'm betting it's slide seals or pooling water on the slide roof that gets dumped inside when you pull the slide in. I have that problem on my Dolphin and always check after rain before retracting the slides.
Old 11-27-2021, 11:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechWriter View Post
For example, we noticed a wet floor in our bedroom near the shower. So first candidate was some sort of shower leak. I ended up removing a heat vent near the shower and was able to look under the tub. Sure enough, it was wet.
Here's how this turned out.
TechWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 09:05 PM   #7

Chased Down and appears to be solved

just an update to the original thread, found some screws on the side of the slide out metal corner trim were broken and causing water to leak thru the threads, sealed with silicone, problem persisted, was in process of ordering new slide seals and upon checking the slide seal style we discovered that the "slide out trim" was missing several attachment screws not broken missing. We were able to slide a skewer thru the hole and into the bedroom slide area in theesact spot of the water staining. I was unable to find an appropriate screw to replace and the hole was then plugged with geo flex silicone, corners of the slide seals were also sealed in wiht Geoflex as well. Left the slide out during a severe thunderstorm and NO WATER infiltration. A lot of patience and persistance and we believ that the water problem is solved now onto the florr repairs next.
dpchjc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breeze, leak, water, water leak