Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2017, 04:19 PM   #1

2007 Seabreeze TV change

Hello everyone, just a quick post. Need to change out the tv that is original equipment on this model. My question, does anyone have passed experience with removing the wood cabinet frame that encloses the tv?
Thanks
rickreece67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2017, 06:00 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Many folks have changed out CRT televisions for flat screen models. If you use the search box at the top right of the page, (the one with the Google logo) you can search the iRV2 forum for posts on this topic.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:31 PM   #3

I put in a 32" Samsung, you will find some small circular plugs in the adjacent cabinets pop those off and you will find large phillips head screws. The entire frame will come off. I used some of the hardware for the old TV to attach the TV mount. The Samsung fit with space at the top and bottom which I filled with speaker cloth and Styrofoam. It's been awhile I don't recall how many screws there were.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:43 PM   #4

I changed out my TV in my 2005 Sea Breeze: Here's the write-up:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f105/fron...1lx-89466.html
Bob C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 10:44 AM   #5

2007 seabreeze tv change

Thanks Coulter6 for the reply great job I like it. I thought I was heading in the right direction by pulling the plugs out but could only find one screw, guess I need to dig deeper. Thanks to everyone else too.
rickreece67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 01:31 PM   #6

Here's some random pics I didn't use in my thread, but they show where various screws are located.

Bob C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 06:45 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Once the old one is out, mounting a new one can be fairly easy. On mine, no mounting kit was needed as the 32" TV just fit in behind the original wooden frame and was held in place by screwing in a couple of pieces or door casing held in place behind the rear sides of the TV cabinet. The LED LCD TV was light in weight at about 14 lbs. A wooden filler board was required to fill a space at the top of the TV and the hole in the ceiling.
GREGORYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 08:03 AM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I used the same instructions to replace mine. Be sure to realize how Heavy that old TV is. Two men to remove it. I bought a flat TV from Best Buy with speakers on the Front. we bought an extended warranty because of travel on rough roads, but have had No problems.
Good luck
Old 03-30-2017, 10:10 AM   #9

Problem is most 32" TVs made today don't have forward mounted speakers. I've been thinking about this mod too, but my 03 Dolphin has a black plastic surround. My neighbor is a wood worker, going to have him look at it before getting too serious.

2003 Dolphin 5320 sold
Charlie 5320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:31 AM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Posted pictures of the TV change out in my 2000 Seabreeze below. Post 6 through 13. It may help you.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f105/cant...le-222859.html

I like the articulating arm because it allows us to swing the TV over to the side and that makes it easier to view from the couch.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:33 PM   #11

Charlie 5320 I had the same configuration in our 03 5356 Dolphin and changed it out to 32"Samsung. You don"t have to do anything to the wood other than fill in at the top with a half moon 2x6 and cover it with material that can be taken out of one on the over head storage cabinets , the tv had a pedestal that i marked on the metal base of the old tv drilled holes and used the screws that came with the tv the tv had about 1/4" overlap on edges. put foam weatherstripping on edges so no vibration. At the top ended used a piece of 3/4 molding painted gloss black. as for the shroud i cut it off about an 1/8 above the bottom of the tv and reused that bottom portion of the shroud. left the bottom open for venting until i can find a bar speaker to fit the way i want. Not a really big project and have had several ask if was done professionally and where, nope told them I did it myself. If you need some more direction give me a holler! On the road for now, so if i don't get back right away that's where I am at.
good luck!!!! coloradoBob just full timing it.
coloradoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 04:37 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradoBob View Post
Charlie 5320 I had the same configuration in our 03 5356 Dolphin and changed it out to 32"Samsung. You don"t have to do anything to the wood other than fill in at the top with a half moon 2x6 and cover it with material that can be taken out of one on the over head storage cabinets , the tv had a pedestal that i marked on the metal base of the old tv drilled holes and used the screws that came with the tv the tv had about 1/4" overlap on edges. put foam weatherstripping on edges so no vibration. At the top ended used a piece of 3/4 molding painted gloss black. as for the shroud i cut it off about an 1/8 above the bottom of the tv and reused that bottom portion of the shroud. left the bottom open for venting until i can find a bar speaker to fit the way i want. Not a really big project and have had several ask if was done professionally and where, nope told them I did it myself. If you need some more direction give me a holler! On the road for now, so if i don't get back right away that's where I am at.
Thank you. My project is on hold for now. My wife has been battling colon cancer for about 16 months and has take a bad turn. Thank you for giving me the idea of using the bottom plastic though. That's probably the way I'll go too. I planned on using either a 32" Samsung or Visio which ever is taller.

2003 Dolphin 5320 sold
Old 06-14-2017, 08:54 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradoBob View Post
My wife ended up passing on the 19th of May, we didn't get to make our trip to the west coast.
I have purchased a 32" Samsung with speakers that come out the bottom. Getting ready to start this project. This Samsung sounds pretty good for a small TV. Son-in-law is coming over Sat morning to help change out a slide topper and help me get this old TV out.

2003 Dolphin 5320 sold
Old 06-15-2017, 05:49 AM   #14

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I also used the Samsung with the bottom facing speakers, the sound is great and the picture is clear.
Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seabreeze