Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-23-2021, 04:12 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
4" x 4" square PVC box on front top of roof

As a new owner of a 2007 Sea Breeze 8341 motorhome, I have been up on the roof to inspect the seals, caulking, etc. There is one item on the roof that I can't identify, and I am hoping that the knowledge base of all the National RV owners can help.
I have a an approximate 4" by 4" PVC cap on the front roof of my motorhome, perhaps about 2 feet back from the leading edge of the front cap.
In the 2007 Sea Breeze brochure, three items are listed: "pre-wired for Solar Panel and pre-wired for a satellite dish features. Also, the Kingdome sat dish is listed as an option".
Does anyone know if inside this PVC square cap I would find wiring for the satellite dish and solar panels?
Thanks in advance for your help

Bill Dye
Pioneer, CA
billdye is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2021, 04:45 PM   #2

I have this box on my Dolphin too. I don't remember now what was in it, but the coax for the factory sat dish (which I removed) was attached to the roof and ran to the right front corner of the coach. The cable insulation had been destroyed by the sun, so I just cut it where it ran through a hole in the roof and sealed it up with caulking.

There were no solar panels on my coach when I bought it so I can't help you there.
Old 10-23-2021, 04:58 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I removed the box, pushed the wires back into the hole in the roof. Used the cover of the box to seal and cover the hole. Four screws and sealant.
Richard S. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 06:18 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
4 X 4 Box

CamJam1 and Richard S.

So as I suspected, there are wires in this box! Richard, do you remember if they were coax type cables or did they look more like power cables, or both types? Thanks for your responses! The coax cable on my roof is also fried from sun damage so the old crank up antenna is of little value.

Bill Dye
billdye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 09:12 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
They were coax for KINGDOAM
Richard S. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 12:22 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
The box was installed for the Kingdom Sat that was popular back then. I installed a Winegard Traveler sat dish and used the wires inside. There was one coax that went to the rear tv and one coax that went to the front tv. There was also a 12v and a telephone type wire that was needed for a Kingdome sat dish. All the wires go through grey pvc tubing to the front and back of the motorhome. I used the telephone wire to pull through the needed wire for the Traveler controller located inside the motorhome. Also, I removed the square box on the roof and replaced it with the roof entry plate supplied by Winegard.

My motorhome has a ceiling light just below the position where the square box was. I removed the ceiling light fixture and had additional access to the wires. Once I finished the installation I replaced the light fixture.
kennersonf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 08:36 AM   #7

My '07 Dolphin has the same box. The KingDome was wired into it with coax and power. I removed my old dome, tucked the wiring back into the box, and sealed the holes. I left the box, just in case I needed a roof penetration in the future.
Karlos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roof