Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2022, 05:33 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizcom View Post
Everything is working fine. It's showing you how many amps you're using, not how many you're getting. There's nothing to check.
So his RV always uses exactly 30 amps ?

No likely.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2022, 08:23 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
So his RV always uses exactly 30 amps ?

No likely.
What would be required for 50 amps to show on the panel? Run both units and all my outlets?

Both units will run, but I was under the impression from the owner's manual that I couldn't run both for long - as a there wouldn't be enough power. And since the panel says "30" I thought I was only getting 30 amps, not the full 50.

What does the "power share" button do? If I press it what will happen? I have so much to learn!!!

Thank you.
VntgIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 08:27 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudfrog View Post
But, doesn't explain why only one air conditioner will run. It's possible the a/c circuit has an issue but from what we know now, sounds more like the EMS is keeping it from running for some reason.
Actually, both units will run. I thought I was only getting 30 amps because that's what the monitor says. Also, the owners manual says both a/c units most likely won't run for long on 30. I'll try running both and see what happens.

Thank you!
Old 05-25-2022, 06:26 AM   #18

Both units will run but one may run on fan only but you will still be pushing cool air through your rv. Kind of depends on size of ACs. You may have two 15k which will pull more power. Don't run microwave or power hungry appliance while having both on. Your Power Share does exactly that. It will select and limit some circuits if it is still working correctly.
Whaler2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 06:27 AM   #19

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by VntgIslander View Post
What would be required for 50 amps to show on the panel? Run both units and all my outlets?

Both units will run, but I was under the impression from the owner's manual that I couldn't run both for long - as a there wouldn't be enough power. And since the panel says "30" I thought I was only getting 30 amps, not the full 50.

What does the "power share" button do? If I press it what will happen? I have so much to learn!!!

Thank you.
I have the same thing. I'm not 100% sure how it works but just press the button until it says 50 and you will be fine.
When you are hooked up to 30 then press it until it says 30. Same with 15 and 20.
If you only had 30 on that it would still work both AC units but you would pop the breaker if they both started the compressor at the same time.
Back in the day it was a pretty good system.
Old 05-25-2022, 07:14 AM   #20

Step 1 is to add a second 12 volt battery. This will double your capacity. Solar only works effectively for about 6 hours per day. The batteries provide for the remaining period. Two group 27 batteries will take twice as much from the available solar panels.

Step 2 add a second solar panel and possibly a higher capacity solar controler. This will double output to charge batteries.

When adding batteries or solar panels, usually add identical. Miss matched solar panels or batteries are highly inefficient.
Persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 12:28 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by FusionKing View Post
I have the same thing. I'm not 100% sure how it works but just press the button until it says 50 and you will be fine.
When you are hooked up to 30 then press it until it says 30. Same with 15 and 20.
If you only had 30 on that it would still work both AC units but you would pop the breaker if they both started the compressor at the same time.
Back in the day it was a pretty good system.
Thank you so much! I'll try this and see what happens. At lease there's a possibility I won't have to call out a repair person!
Old 05-25-2022, 12:42 PM   #22

Interesting.
edge68474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 08:36 AM   #23

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
power share

Quote:
Originally Posted by VntgIslander View Post
Thank you for your reply. Can you tell me where to look for the EMS?

After taking another look, I think Heart Interface is my EMS type. Does this sound correct? There is a button on it labeled "power share."
the power share button should cycle through 50,30,20,15. it controles how the incoming amperage is shared among the cuircits in your RV. set at 30 it assumse you only have enough powere for 1 air conditioner at a time and will route around the other cuircit. If you set it to 50 it will allow both air units to run at the same time. If you hook up to a 30 amp cuircit and have it set at 50 it will allow you to try and start both air and probably blow the fuse at peddistal or damage your air. it also is controling how much your inverter is allowed to pull to charge your batterys.
skyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 04:25 PM   #24

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
On your inverter panel keep clicking to button until 50 shows up...........
Old 05-27-2022, 05:30 PM   #25

Alpine Owners Club
Please post a picture of this MH control of which you speak showing the issue you are describing please..... this will give you the best chance of getting the right answer....otherwise everyone is just guessing
2006 Alpenlite 32RL - Sold
paul65k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 09:09 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizcom View Post
Everything is working fine. It's showing you how many amps you're using, not how many you're getting. There's nothing to check.
"Everthing" is NOT worki g fine if he cant run.both AC's.
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monitor, power, shore power