Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-14-2009, 11:10 PM   #1

Gulf Streamers Club
'94 Sea Breeze

I am looking at a '94 Sea Breeze. I purchased a CD that rates alot of older motorhomes from 1993-1999, and it gives this one 4 stars out of 5. That sounds pretty good. It has 45,000 miles and is a 454 Chevy which will make my hubby happy. Can anyone comment? Any help would be appreciated.
vacuum60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2009, 09:01 AM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I just bought a National Tradewinds 2001. I can tell you that National built a good coach. As far as yours, the miles are good, but I'd have someone check out the drive train especially if it's been sitting for a while. Seals have a tendancy to dry out if not used. Check out all of the coach systems to see if everything is working. Check the interior for leaks, stains on the ceiling or walls, is there any musty smells, that will indicate a leak as well. Walk over all of the floor, are there any "mushy" spots? That would indicate water leaks inside in the past and flooring problems. Check the batteries. Check the roof for cracked caulking on edges and around vents and air conditioners. I'm not sure what the roof material is on that coach, but if it is a rubber roof, check the condition. that is a major cost if it needs replaced. Check the tires, find the date codes and if over 7 years old they will have to be replaced, another expensive item. If all of this checks out or if the owner will adjust his price for anything that needs replaced, go for it.
Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:39 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Not sure if you are still looking for one or not but here are my 2 cent..
I have the exact same model you are looking for 1994 Sea Breeze with 454 Chevy. Got it Feb.2008 from San Diego to Canada and enjoyed it since

Love the layout with the slide out spice rack, separate shower and toilet..etc. The long wheel base is really awesome on the Hwy. very stable ride. I my opinion it will be hard to find a gas class A motorhome of that year that has better options-layout for the money. ( price should be 12-18K depends on condition) Driving through Arizona in February at 62 mile/hr got 10 miles to the gallon. ( Gas Station to Gas station aprrox 613 miles from Yuma to a gas station by El Rito Hvy 40 close to Albuquerque filled up 61 gallons) but on average I get around 7.5 - towing a 2000 pound boat with stops and town driving, 8.5-10 miles to the gallon depending on wind and how often you stop..the less the better. Have a mechanic friend look under the front chassis as it is fairly front heavy and depends on the service the unit had there might be some problems there. I had to replace my ball joints and bearings $1000 here in Canada.. Use the units front jacks to lift it off the ground to check the play of the wheel grab it at 12 and 6 o'clock and rock it do the same at 9 and 3 o'clock there should be no play and should feel very solid. Inspect very closely the Driver and Passenger side windows for leakage/delamination, open/close the sliders on those windows to make sure they work and the handle ledge where you grab to open them does not come off pain to fix. Get up on the roof and take a look up there if you know what the common roof problems are if not ask preferably someone that knows..cracking rubber, joint cracking apart, any other damage. Ask when was the roof last time resealed ( It is a rubber roof - depends on the quality of the product and workmanship 5-10 years). I could go on for hours.... Bottom line in my view is 94 Sea Breeze is a good build unit I love mine and would buy it again