Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-07-2012, 04:36 PM   #1

98 Trade Winds Window Seals

Finally found me a used Diesel pusher.
Ended up with a 98 Tradewinds 7370. I looked at a bunch of Tradewinds and they ALL had a common problem, the window seals in the double pane windows were creeping towards the middle and looked awful. Mine has a one window that one of the seals is almost 1/4 way to middle and looks really bad. The others are moving, but not as noticeable.

So I assume since every Tradewinds I looked at had this problem, this is a common problem and there's probably plenty of people out there that have already addressed this issue. What did you do to fix your tradewinds window seals? They look hard to take out, so I assume I'll end up taking it somewhere, I just don't know where or what kind of $ I'm looking at per window.

Seems to be a solid coach and the Cat runs really good, was impressed with the power.

Thanks,
James
mrjimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2012, 05:02 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I don't know where you are located, but we live in the Spokane, WA area. There is a window place here that specializes in this type repair. Our 2000 Tradewinds had the same problem. We had the driver and passenger side window seals replaced for $500. We still have to have the kitchen window and one bedroom window done, but they are not bad enough to bother us.

The seal replacement took about 6 hours for both sides. Looks great now. I don't know if I would have wanted to do this. It did not look too hard, but the place that did it has done a lot of this type repair so they knew exactly what they should and should not do.
chasmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:23 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Pm "Theberrys"... Dick Berry has done all of his on a 99 Tradewinds. He lives in New Mexico. Rook

98 National Tradewinds 7370, powered by a 3126B 300HP CAT Turbo, Freightliner XC chassis
Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:11 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
We ended up using this guy in Mesa Az. He did six of our windows for $500 Auto Glass Boss - Mesa - Apache Junction - Chandler - Gilbert Arizona he came to our spot in the RV park and had it all done in half a day. These were done in Nov of 2011 and so far they are still fine. Here are some pictures.
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=AE67F...3510&sc=photos

I have also heard nothing but good things about these guys in Florida on the Gulf Coast. Suncoast Designers, Inc. - RV/Motorcoach Services

Dick
Old 06-07-2012, 09:44 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Just in case you didn't get the documentation package that came with your coach, I have scanned a bunch of mine and put them here for uploading.
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=ae67f...2766057%212101

Dick
Old 06-07-2012, 10:51 PM   #6

Thanks guys. I guess my best approach is to check with some local glass shops. My only concern is they will probably have ZERO experience with this problem or maybe RV's in general. I'm in Oklahoma and don't really want to travel too far for this repair.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:19 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Check with a few RV dealerships or autoglass places. They can probably give you a name or two. I had my front window seals replaced and even got my insurance to pay for 1/2 the cost. I had to call around a bit to find a place that worked on motor homes but in the end, it wasn't too much leg work.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:57 AM   #8

I have a 2001 Dolphin in which I changed the seal. Not sure if same confirguration but mine had a rubber gasket seal on the inside which is to hold the window in place. The sealing, water proof, is under the edge on outside. That gasket on the inside is easy to remove but a dickens to get back on correctly. Let me know if you have the rubber locking seal on inside or is it held in place by screws? I have another post on this site addressing the window issue I had with mine and how I corrected it.
ValleyCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:24 AM   #9

sorry, you talking seal on double window, can't help ya there. However, if anyone ever needs to change seal on window (attached to body) and have the locking rubber ring on inside, I have the step by step to correct from old NRV guy.
ValleyCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:11 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theberrys View Post
Just in case you didn't get the documentation package that came with your coach, I have scanned a bunch of mine and put them here for uploading.
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=ae67f...2766057%212101

Dick
I've really got to thank you guys for the time and effort to scan all that you did. I just bought a 99 Tradewinds 7371 and have almost all the original docs. You had some that I didn't. You did a great job on yours. Mine looks very good as well and had excellent care. It looked almost brand new. I've ben going thru it replacing/repairing small items (clock, door struts, switches, fantastic fan, etc), Most everything works great. Look forward to meeting you when we travel west.

99 Tradewinds 7371 -98 Jeep TJ modified
tufftj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
window