Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-19-2015, 04:45 AM   #1

National RV Owners Club
A bad bump in the night

Had a run in with a iron post yesterday. The bay door on the sewer and water connectors compartment was destroyed but fortunately no other damage other than repairable scuffing to edge of another compartment door. I have a 2002 Tradewind 7370. Here are a few questions I hope you can help answer.
We are in south Florida on our way to Key Largo for the winter. Any suggestions on a good RV repair place?
Any suggestions on an RV salvage yard that I might find a used compartment door?
I have heard that a company bought the molds from NRV when they closed and can fabricate a new one. The name of the company and any reviews of the quality would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your help. I really love this motorhome and want to get it back to normal. Its been 51 years since my last motor vehicle accident but still feeling stupid and depressed this early AM.
popsrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2015, 05:34 AM   #2

National RV Owners Club
I have found the Ortega site but would still like and feedback from anyone who has used them for replacement compartment doors.

Also have Colaw RV salvage info. Feedback from anyone who has ordered salvage parts from them who be appreciated. Other sources of RV salvage parts who be appreciated also. Thanks, Gary
Old 10-19-2015, 05:50 AM   #3

Maybe here.....

Monaco Motorhome Parts RV Exterior Body Panels Used RV Parts For Sale | visonerv.com

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 05:54 AM   #4

These guys here are in kentucky, but probably could ship a used door to your campground: Visone RV, RV Salvage Parts, Motorhome Repairable Wrecks, Used RV Parts Monaco, Prevost, Holiday Rambler, Alfa, RV Junk Yard - RV Dismantler | en.visonerv.com
I have no experience with them, but I come across that site often, so they probably have one of the largest inventories.

cheers,
Matt
Matt_RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 05:57 AM   #5

rv parts

Go to www.rvparts.visonerv.com in Kentucky, they are huge, browse their stock, last I seen they had your model. It is Visone rv parts, can't seem to get the www to open up.
Old 10-19-2015, 06:02 AM   #6

now that's fun... three answers the same time and all are pointing to one and the same location
Matt_RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 06:05 AM   #7

Great minds think alike...................
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 06:09 AM   #8

parts

I went to their website, looks like they have a 02 Tradewind, your most likely in luck!
Old 10-19-2015, 06:31 AM   #9

parts

Strange, I was going through their large stock and most of the motor homes are there because of fires. Fires in the engine area and fires in the refer area. I know a few years back, I was under my motor home and found the exhaust pipe was starting to come off the muffler. If left unfixed, the hot exhaust would have been directed onto the fibreglass and a engine compartment fire would have happened.
I always, when I am home get on my creeper and get under it to see any potential problems. On another M.H. I had I found a shock loose, a bolt had fell out. Preventive maintenance I guess you would call it.
Old 10-19-2015, 06:38 AM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Thanks for all the help. You all have may my day a lot brighter.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:33 PM   #11

National RV Owners Club
We had a serious wreck and used both Ortega and Colaw for parts. Bothe were fine but pricy. Ortega provided the Door and rear cap and Colaw found some trim for over the door.

Here are pictures of the Wreck
https://onedrive.live.com/?id=AE67FF...212596&o=OneUp

And here are pictures of the repair.

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=AE67FF...212643&o=OneUp

Dick
Old 10-26-2015, 10:49 PM   #12

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I mangled a storage door that could not be repaired. A fiberglass tech made me a new one and it was perfect.
Old 10-27-2015, 04:41 AM   #13

repair job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theberrys View Post
We had a serious wreck and used both Ortega and Colaw for parts. Bothe were fine but pricy. Ortega provided the Door and rear cap and Colaw found some trim for over the door.

Here are pictures of the Wreck
https://onedrive.live.com/?id=AE67FF...212596&o=OneUp

And here are pictures of the repair.

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=AE67FF...212643&o=OneUp

Dick
Fine job Dick, Ooooh that finger, that had to hurt! I smash one of mine between a three foot breaker bar and the track of a dozer when the socket slipped of the bolt head, I had to sit down with my legs between my legs, nearly fainted!. Again, good job, hope I never have to go thru a job like that!
Old 10-28-2015, 09:23 AM   #14

National RV Owners Club
Sam

It was the damndest thing. My finger didn't hurt at all. I thought the next day would be really tough, but I must have damaged all the nerves. The Dr. was wrong....I didn't take six months to heal, in fact it hasn't fully regrew to this day, and it happened mid March 2001. I don't think the tip will ever grow all the way back it's about three times bigger than the rest of my fingers. I'm just glad I still have my finger

Dick