RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:02 PM   #1

A few basic questions - Black and Grey Valves, leveling

Hi,

On a 2005 Tropi Cal, which valve is for the Black and which is for the Grey Water dump? Somebody spray painted the plastic cover, handles, and any instructional markings before I got it.

Also, How does the Power Gear leveling system work? I looked up a manual that had too much information and no simple instructions.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve in WI is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #2

Steve, the black tank is usually the bigger of the two. Other one gray. Usually only 1-1/2 to drain only water. Someone else with your unit will have to jump in on level.

fletch460 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:13 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Steve,

In most instances the grey water valve is about 2 to 3 inches across and the black water is about 1 to 2 inches larger.

Sorry I can't help with the Power Gear our unit has an HWH system. In our case the emerge brake must be on
the system is then turned on
when the four 'jacks down' lights are lit
you keep pushing the buttons (my case move the joystick) with the triangle indicator lit
when the unit is level all pointers are off.

Hope that helps.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:19 PM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
On your jacks, you are going to have to bite the bullet and read the manual. I don't know which model of Power Gear system you have. Skip all the installation instructions and go to the section on how to operate. If they are 'Auto Leveling' you might have to read the section on how to recalibrate the system to make it know level. If they are operable manually, it is practice to put down two jacks at a time, either both front, both rear, or both left, right. That way you don't 'twist' the frame and cause new problems.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:38 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
My gray and black valves are the same size and were not marked. First time out, I dumped both, then added a lot of water to the gray. I then opened each valve and labeled the one that had water in it as gray and the other as black.

My powergear jack panel is pretty easy to understand. The engine has to be on, the parking brake set. I turn on the panel and hit auto level. when I am ready to leave, engine on and air pressure up, I turn on the panel and press retract all. I visually check to see that they are up, switch off the panel and hit the road.
Submustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:04 PM   #6

Submustang,

My valves are also the same size. On yours, which is black and which is grey?

Thanks

Steve
Old 10-08-2012, 05:49 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Steve, we've got a 2005 Dolphin. I would imagine the plumbing bay lay out is the same on ours as yours. The gray valve is on the left. The black is on the right. I'm looking to see if I have a photo of the bay somewhere.

Just looked and can't find photo's. Let me know if you need them and I'll take a few low res (640x480) pics after work today.
Wolfpack Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:27 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
My layout is the same, Gray is to the left or forward and the black is to the right or aft.
Submustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:19 AM   #9

Thanks for the help!
Old 10-21-2012, 08:18 AM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack Fan View Post
Steve, we've got a 2005 Dolphin. I would imagine the plumbing bay lay out is the same on ours as yours. The gray valve is on the left. The black is on the right. I'm looking to see if I have a photo of the bay somewhere.

Just looked and can't find photo's. Let me know if you need them and I'll take a few low res (640x480) pics after work today.
Our 2005 Dolphin: Gray to the right, Black on the left.
Gray valve handle is gray and a 1-1/2 valve
Black valve handle is black and a bigger valve

Rick 2005 Dolphin 5376 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling