Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-30-2013, 11:29 AM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Any body know difference...

Have someone very interested in my 2004 Sea Breeze and just looked at add for a 2005 Dolphin, suspect I will get better ride with WH vs F53, and like the allison too, plus has 22 vs 19.5 tires, I think will help ride. Main question is what is difference between the model 5355 and 6355? He is not sure which model and is checking for me.

Thanks
trode is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2013, 12:07 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Have a look here http://www.pacnats.com/Links/NRV%20B...05/Dolphin.pdf
I think the 5355 is a W22 and the 6355 is a W24

The floor plan looks the same.

Dick
Old 09-30-2013, 02:20 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The 5355 is the standard Dolphin 6355 is the Dolphin LX
Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:57 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Our 2003 LX6355 is a W22 chassis. Get the VIN while you are at it.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:30 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My 2002 Dolphin 5355 is on a W22 chassis with a 8.1 GM Workhorse with 22.5 tires.
It rides and drives like a dream with no swaying or side motion and can be driven with one hand.
If it had a Ford chassis under it I would have walked away before I bought it because of the very high doghouse and the lousy handling of the Ford F550.
I just finished replacing the living room and the drivers compartment with laminate, new carpet in the bedroom and in the slideout area and new tile in the bathroom as well as replacing all of the graphics on the outside with paint and all new LED marker lights and new headlight assemblies.
I might add that all of this work was done by me.
My next project is to Zep the complete out side roof and all.
hydro45640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:11 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydro45640 View Post
....If it had a Ford chassis under it I would have walked away before I bought it because of the very high doghouse and the lousy handling of the Ford F550....
Don't bash the ford, it is very capable, the dog house is not that much different and all wasted space anyway, my Ford is on the f-53 and handling is not lousy..but not where I was headed with this anyway. I anticipate a slight ride improvement with the WH mostly from bigger tires, but I may regret that at replacement time

Still not clear on difference from 6... and 5... models, guess I will wait to see which one he says it is.. Now if diff is 22k vs 24k chassis, then this must be 22k since I can see shift lever in pictures and I read the 24k chassis has push button gear selection. could the 6... series be painted vs. 5... gel coat?
Old 09-30-2013, 09:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by trode View Post
Still not clear on difference from 6... and 5... models, guess I will wait to see which one he says it is.. Now if diff is 22k vs 24k chassis, then this must be 22k since I can see shift lever in pictures and I read the 24k chassis has push button gear selection. could the 6... series be painted vs. 5... gel coat?
You are correct I believe. My '05 6355 is the WH 24, push button transmission with the LX package and gel coat paint. My coach drives like a dream and is very stable on the road. I have the "05 Brochure in the RV and will check tomorrow to see if there are other differences.
lenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:21 AM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
other than the chassis and paint the 6355 lx has more options and upgraded trim level.
Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:29 AM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenjen View Post
I have the "05 Brochure in the RV and will check tomorrow to see if there are other differences.

The link in post #2 IS the 05 Brochure. It says the 6 has a pushbutton Allison 2100 and the 5 has a Allison 1000, The 5 is on a W22 Chassis and the 6 is on the W24 Chassis. The floor plan is the same.

Old 10-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Yeah but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theberrys View Post

The link in post #2 IS the 05 Brochure. It says the 6 has a pushbutton Allison 2100 and the 5 has a Allison 1000, The 5 is on a W22 Chassis and the 6 is on the W24 Chassis. The floor plan is the same.
Yeah but, Scooter says a few posts back he has a 6355 with the W22 chassis
Old 10-01-2013, 02:03 PM   #11

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Don't matter no way...

Going to see it later and it is a 5355, so I guess doesn't matter what the difference is with the 6355!
Old 10-13-2013, 07:21 AM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Vent time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by trode View Post
Going to see it later and it is a 5355, so I guess doesn't matter what the difference is with the 6355!

Advice for advertising; A 2003 motorhome is not a 2005! (ad has re-run twice since then too), dirt and dust all over motorhome and stained carpet does not constitute "super clean and like new", moderately oxidized exterior does not equal "garage kept since new, excellent condition", if you have a gasoline leak somewhere, FIX IT, if you tell someone never had any leaks at least try to clean the tell tale stains on ceiling that say differently, 27,800 plus miles does not equal 20,000. Front access panel latch broken...how do you check oil?

Needless to say based on above, I still have my Seabreeze!!
Old 10-13-2013, 08:01 AM   #13

Wow, why do people do that? When looking I made it clear to everyone I spoke too that I did not want to waste their time as I would not buy any RV that was not super clean and near perfect condition. I went to look at a Bounder. The owners said they had a small leak but professionally corrected. The ceiling had black mold everywhere! Then drove 300 miles to look at a Gulfstream , only to find it had been a rental/party van! Too many stories for here… Either people don’t mind being deceitful or their interpretation of clean or condition is different from mine…. One good thing from looking at all those “frogs “, the decision to buy my Dolphin was easy.

Better luck with the next one.
lenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:32 AM   #14

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenjen View Post
Wow, why do people do that? When looking I made it clear to everyone I spoke too that I did not want to waste their time as I would not buy any RV that was not super clean and near perfect condition. I went to look at a Bounder. The owners said they had a small leak but professionally corrected. The ceiling had black mold everywhere! Then drove 300 miles to look at a Gulfstream , only to find it had been a rental/party van! Too many stories for here… Either people don’t mind being deceitful or their interpretation of clean or condition is different from mine…. One good thing from looking at all those “frogs “, the decision to buy my Dolphin was easy.

Better luck with the next one.
Amen, you and I could swap stories, looked for ours for 5 months from NY to Fla, I was continually frustrated by misleading ads, trashed MH's and just incorrect information. Even asked one guy, why the heck don't you vacuum it out and at least wash it, not that it would have helped that much but looking at a trashed motorhome makes you wonder what it looked like when they were not showing it. And people who post pictures and then tell you when you get there "they were taken a few years ago" What is the point of that?