Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2015, 11:59 AM   #1

Are you a 2001-2008 NRV Islander owner??

Hey guys guys and gals I am starting a thread dedicated to Islander owners, I started a thread similar to this in the Monaco section when I owned one. It is mostly for helping each other with info on parts, upgrades or anything relating to our now orphaned rolling homes.

Please fell free to post up anything you have done to yours. We can use all the tips possible to help maintain and keep these babies humming along.

I found water infiltration while preparing to install new carpet per my DW, passenger side window I pray was the culprit, I resealed it and moved on to the installation.

found this wet to the touch

Nasty stuff came out when I started to cut away the old caulking YUCK

All cleaned up now

new carpet, walls painted & valances redone now she is nice a pretty

My DW made new black out curtains to replace the hideous blue ones that somebody installed, why I dont know
RUNDLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2015, 12:28 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Did you remove the wall paper before you painted or was there no wall paper?
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 01:59 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtjoe View Post
Did you remove the wall paper before you painted or was there no wall paper?
Sgt.

No we just wiped it down, and used eggshell paint by Valspar. This is our third rv. We have painted all of them with no effects. My wife wants to do that before anything else.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:10 AM   #4

If you need to replace your small driving lights these are almost a perfect fit. I think they would work up until 2003 model but check first

3" Oval ion Yellow Amber Car Truck SUV Halogen Fog Lights Kit Set Pair Wiring 2 | eBay
Old 05-06-2015, 12:51 PM   #5

A few upgrades I have made.
Old Tile out

new tile in

Decided to re-install the macerator that the p.o. had taken out and for good reason, he ran it dry! I rearranged the whole bay. I am gonna love
not messing with that stinky slinky anymore

Old 05-06-2015, 12:57 PM   #6

Decided the 25" tv was too small installed a 32" LCD with sound bar and wireless subwoofer-works great too. I started by just building a box to square off the side near the passenger, added foam & used the same material that we used to cover the valences.

Old 05-15-2015, 07:42 AM   #7

Love all your work. My wife and I recently purchased 2001 Islander. We need to do similar upgrades. Thanks for posting! Curtis
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:34 PM   #8

No problem Foxman! I am always tinkering, I just added a grey water by pass yo tbe macerator system. The one's that they sell are on the net seem to have a 3/8" drain line so I opted to make mine 1" to make sure I have plenty of flow. If you need some advise there are some very smart guys on this board.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:12 PM   #9

Hey Islanders do you guys or gals have this cover over your cord reel? I just ran across this pic. Mine does not have it, would like to replace it. Im betting that I will have to make it myself though.