Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2012, 09:41 PM   #29

My Sadie(MinPin) is just the opposite. She'll go up and sniff at another dog's butt, but as soon as the other dog turns around, she runs. She won't play with other dogs. I'm sure it's my fault for not socializing her as a pup. She barks at anybody that comes near my house or MH, but won't bite unless someone kicks at her(only happened once by a friend who thinks he is a tough guy). She won't let anybody pet her and again, that's my fault. Oh, well, at least nobody can steal her.

I can leave her off-leash at the dunes. She'll wander at times(looking for food droppings), but I catch her looking to see where dad is all the time. If she gets bored, she'll go in my MH on her own.

At home, she know the sound of Brown and White from the backyard and comes running and barking up to the front door.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2012, 10:06 PM   #30

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry White View Post
Don't any of you dog owners have a Right to Carry? I don't walk mine with out one.

YA YA I know. Rather be safe than sorry.

Right... there were 2 small children right there... I'm not sure I would want to take that shot... the consequences if I missed and hit the wrong target or if it ricochet from the pavement... I wouldn't be able to live with.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:17 AM   #31

Country Coach Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
There will never be universal agreement on whether pitt bulls or any other dog is a safe breed. The truth is that they are among us and will continue to be, most without incident. In the case of dogs who have run amok however, it is the owners who must bear the responsibility for the consequences. The dog that started this thread will likely be no more shortly, the owner however should be precluded from future dog ownership and pay deeply for his failure to control his animal. Since the owner already has restrictions against him, the punishment should be even stiffer.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:49 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Let's get a little more educated:

The Truth About Pit Bulls
Like going to Vegas, you roll the dice and takes your chances .

There is a reason low lifes and drug dealers have pit bulls and its their aggressive nature. I cringe everytime I hear , oh he wont bite.
SeattlePirat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:58 AM   #33

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:06 AM   #34
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattlePirat View Post
Like going to Vegas, you roll the dice and takes your chances .

There is a reason low lifes and drug dealers have pit bulls and its their aggressive nature. I cringe everytime I hear , oh he wont bite.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:22 AM   #35

A little story:
Many years ago my kids had a Cairn Terrier (Toto). A small, quiet, extremely well-tempered dog-friendly animal and a joy to have around.

A street over there was a German Shepard that would occasionally get loose and roam the neighborhood. One day the Shepard wandered over to our place, saw Toto and attacked him. It was over in an instant. Toto let the Shepard roll him over, got the Shep by the throat and the Shep took off with Toto firmly locked to and hanging from him (imagine that sight if you will).

About a block later, Toto released the Shep (that was running for its life) and trotted back to our house as if he was the biggest, baddest, proudest dog in the world. Heck, I was proud of him.

The Shepard never came near our house again but Toto was ruined. He became extremely aggressive and would never again let another dog near him without instantly assuming an attack mode. The quiet, well behaved animal was gone.

Perhaps being bitten twice as a child and the above experience accounts for why I don't want any dogs around me and I especially dislike yappers. I don't trust them and immediately dislike and am unfriendly to people that don't or won't control their animals.
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:48 PM   #36

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks everyone for the replies on both sides of question about owning a Pit Bull. I, for one, do agree that the breeding and early training of *ANY* dog is very important - Pit Bull or not.

We've been communicating with the owners of the latest victim dog, and thankfully the dog is doing better. They did take the dog to the Vet where he had his wounds closed and he's on some medications.

We've also learned that there is another Vicious Dog Hearing and we're planning to attend as its a public hearing. We'll be there to provide support to the latest victims, hear what the Pit Bull owners have to say about this last attack and see what the panel's outcome is.

Over the past week we've learned that the story of where the owners obtained the Pit Bull has changed *again*. This is now a 3rd story on where/how they obtained the pit bull - now they have claimed that this was a dog they rescued from an abusive home ... different from what they said in our Vicious Dog Hearing.

What's more disturbing to me - the Pit Bull owners have told the latest victim that they do not have insurance!! Really ?!?! A $100K insurance policy on the dog was a REQUIREMENT of the results of our Vicious Dog Hearing. This is one item that we are certainly following up on. While we may not be staying at our house in RI, our son and family, along with their newborn, are living there - right next door to the Pit Bull.

So next Thursday is going to be a LONG day of travel for us ... about 450 miles! We're going Trackside camping for the NASCAR Pocono race weekend and now instead of leaving CT in the morning and heading to Pocono, we'll be making a 280 mile round trip from home to the hearing, then back home to pickup the motorhome and then heading down to Pocono. At least the hearing is on Thursday and not Friday!

To be continued ...
2Labs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:30 AM   #37

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well.. Since they did not get the court ordered insurance it is possible the judge will find them in contempt of court.

Now on the list of bad things to do, **Issing off the judge is just about as bad as it gets.

You kill someone .. Odds are the defense laweyr may well get you off and even if convicted, 20 years tops.

You illegally park,, Harder to get off but pay a fine and you outta there.

Tick off the judge (Contempt of court) and there are no limits on what he can do. ('Cept he can't kill you.. But he can "Throw the key away" as it were.).
Old 07-22-2012, 01:16 PM   #38

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Let's get a little more educated:

The Truth About Pit Bulls
Well directed Wayne! Semper fi

99 Tradewinds 7371 -98 Jeep TJ modified
tufftj is offline   Reply With Quote