Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-08-2018, 06:08 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Black Tank Flush

My 2004 Tropi-Cal has a "Tank Flush" hose fitting on the outside panel where the outside shower is. Mine does not work. It will not accept water. It just sprays back at me.

Does anyone know where I can purchase a replacement? It looks simple enough, just two screws to remove it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2018-01-08 15-50-04.pdf (225.3 KB, 71 views)
Mogulite is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2018, 06:23 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
The nozzle inside the black tank is stopped up probably. If you remove the connection you won't see the nozzle. Go to Valterra website and look at the diagram of the " no fuss flush" and you will see the installation of the system.
2000 CC Magna #5840 2017 Chevrolet Equinox
Air Force One braking
Griffin379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 06:24 PM   #3

Check valve in the line is probably installed backward....
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 11:49 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Could be like mine and the fitting is just worn out. I can move the hose end around and minimize the spray. I have anew one just need to instal.
Can you hear water running? If you close the drain for a few seconds with the flush "running " then open it do you get water out? If so it may be like mine.
Ray

2006 Dolphin 5355
Tahiti16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 01:15 AM   #5

Nozzle in tank clogged/plugged
Anti-siphon Vacuum Breaker could be bad but they typically leak water all inside RV when that happens (Installed up high inside bathroom sink cabinet or closet or behind shower wall OR OR ---they put them in the dangest places)

The connection MAY have an internal check valve like city water connection but most times not

Anti-siphon Vacuum Breaker can be cheap plastic Junk (black one), little better (White/Clear Plastic) or a Brass one

Water supply connects to bottom of it and then goes out side to the tank nozzle
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 01:18 AM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My Dolphin has a Swan San-T-flush your is probably the same.

RV Plumbing Parts, Bend, OR | Amazon

You can download manuals here.

RV Plumbing Parts, Bend, OR | Swan Industries - Manuals
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat Pickup 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000,1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700, 2,740 Pin Weight.
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 07:10 PM   #7

Did you try a new washer in the end of your hose had to ask you would be surprised
jimdec1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 04:34 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Bad Fitting

It turns out Tahiti16 is the winner! Replaced the fitting and allís well. Not sure whatís going on inside the tank but it seems to be working. My black tank gauge still doesnít work though.
Mogulite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 08:00 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Mine did the same thing, turned out the vacuum breaker was clogged with stink bugs. Mine was easily accessible through a removable panel behind the toilet.
TC Wndsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 11:42 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The best way to fix gauge is to open waste valve outside and pass a hose through the bathroom window with a toilet flush rod on it. They are a couple feet long with a valve where it connects to the hose and a right angle high pressure nozzle at the business end. Turn off water to coach, insert the rod all the way down the toilet to the tank and just turn the rod 360 degrees cw then ccw. Keep doing this until you dissolve the dried paper and poop from your sensors. I do this twice a year and the gauges read well. My rod is plastic and cheap, but it works. Be patient. Also if you can fill the tank with soapy water it comes off easier the first time.
Joepacifica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 12:32 PM   #11

If your gauges dont work go on YouTube and search tank techs rx watch a few videos and get an idea whats going on inside your tank the stuff aorked great for me the first time i did it i filled the tank completely then added some ajd let itnsitnfor about 3 months until my next trip
Deliverance is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, tank