Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-27-2015, 01:22 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Black tank sensors

How do you access the black tank sensors on a 2005 6342 Dolphin? Mine shows full all the time and tried all the tricks on here.
holdren is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2015, 01:46 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I doubt if the sensors are the problem. The tank walls get crudded up with water bearing gunk and fool the sensors. Cleaning the tanks walls is difficult but usually fixes the problem temporarily.
I used a pressure washer with a homemade Tee on the end of the hose and washed the sides of my black tank using the toilet for access. That worked for a while but the walls would gunk up again after a while. I ended up just marking a calendar and dumping every ten days and quit worrying about it.

By the way I have a non-contact sensor system that reads through the tank wall.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:03 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
The black tank sensors are behind the black plastic cover in the curbside bay behind the rear tires.

try adding automatic dishwasher soap and half a tank of water and driving around. That's what cured our problems with false readings
Belgian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 11:42 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
JRV Products sent me a new circuit board for the monitor panel and every thing works great now. Tried the cleaning and that did not work.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:53 PM   #5

posting this only since I see you have same dolphin model I do...

I went to the Garnet See Level system. The monitor fits nicely right at the top of your control panel area, the wires that were already run for the goofy light level system work fine for the See Level system (capacitive system, no more bum readings).

Apply the new sensor strips to outside of the tank, transfer the wires from the goofy lights to the new control panel, and whoo hoo.

One of the best mods I have done and definitely the easiest (once you are comfy removing the pretty covers in the compartments).

I went with 709 series.
https://www.garnetinstruments.com/rv-shop/products/
Civdiv99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 07:25 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
The new circuit board was 95.00 to my door. Had not had a problem in 8 years. It was also plug and play and took 10 minutes to install. They told me how to diagnose the problem also.
I did think about the sea level if this way didn't work.

Tags
tank