Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-31-2018, 10:42 AM   #1

Body Roll - What Have You Done?

Just got done installing Sumo Springs and Koni shocks in our unit. While this has helped lots I would like to know if there is anything else I can do to combat body roll? I am not able to do the CHF on my year f53.

Next non-suspension upgrade will be a reverse osmosis water purification unit and some cameras. Most of the little, annoying things have been fixed. Got the "Beast" almost where we want it!
F4Jock is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2018, 02:02 PM   #2

Replacement anti sway bars.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 05:44 PM   #3

Move front stabilizer links to the other set of holes in the sway bar also Ford has an upgrade on the rear sway bar links there about 3 in longer this way bar could sit at a 90 degree angle to the frame and rear end if it faces up or down. They are too long or too should be straight with the frame made a world of difference on my 02 Seabreeze hope this helps
jimdec1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 01:01 PM   #4

jim

where did u purchase the new rear links that are 3 inches longer? from ford dealer?

i changed the rear stock links to the second hole in the sway bar and it seems to be
ok and the sway bar seems to sit fairly level? i did the same on the front sway bar.

they both look fairly level. do you still think i should get longer links?

i have not taken the motorhome out since i changed both bars to the second hole so
i dont know how it handles or reacts right now. but i dont want to have a bold break
or any problems when i am out on the road. so i just want to make sure.

i will try it for a while and i guess if i break a bolt or notice a problem with the ride i can get longer links and try it and see if it is any better? thanks for your help and
suggestions. my motorhome is a 31 ft Seaview F53 chassis. thanks
mr. seaview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 01:43 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
No CHF on your year F53? Is that because it only has one hole for the front sway bar?
Old 08-16-2018, 04:59 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulers View Post
No CHF on your year F53? Is that because it only has one hole for the front sway bar?

Nope. One year too early. I put SumoSprings and new Konis on it and that seem to take care of 95% of it
Old 08-16-2018, 04:52 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4Jock View Post
Just got done installing Sumo Springs and Koni shocks in our unit. While this has helped lots I would like to know if there is anything else I can do to combat body roll? I am not able to do the CHF on my year f53.

Next non-suspension upgrade will be a reverse osmosis water purification unit and some cameras. Most of the little, annoying things have been fixed. Got the "Beast" almost where we want it!
OK, so my question is with the Koni shocks how does it ride? (not handle). Is is smoother than the stock shocks?

Al
FLRosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 06:06 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLRosebud View Post
OK, so my question is with the Koni shocks how does it ride? (not handle). Is is smoother than the stock shocks?

Al

Yup. Gonna add a larger bar in the rear and a steering centerer down the road but on two lane local PA highways I can almost one-hand it comfortably and 60 to 65 is not white knuckle on the straighter stretches.
Old 09-01-2018, 09:49 PM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I installed Koni shocks at all four corners. It made it 75% or better in the ride, especially when going over the expansion joints when crossing over bridges. It virtually eliminated jarring of the chassis.

I installed a DIY panard bar from the top center of the rear axle housing leveled and perpendicular to the housing. I used the 3 point rods that you would use to mount a farm tractor implement. I used the rods because they used Heim joints which are really strong. They are treaded with a lock nut. This allows adjustability. I couldn't believe the difference. On an interstate clover leaf I had to drive way less than the posted speed. Now I can drive the posted speed or more with confidence and the coach is very stable. When I change lanes now or when a big rig passes me I have a whole lot of less sway. I made the brackets from steel I had on hand and I welded everything up myself. I feel a lot safer and the benefits of a safer ride and better handling is the difference.

Go to Omeys web site there are some DIY panards. One using the rods from Tractor Supply is also on there.
2004 NRV Dolphin 5355, 24' Pace Shadow trailer, inside is a "2011 Hemmings Muscle Machine of the Year" and 2011 Reno, NV. Hot August Nights "Best Restored Stock Car", 1970 Olds F85 W-31, Rally Red, 4 speed, 1 of 5 in this color, only 207 built
davebw31 is offline   Reply With Quote