Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-30-2008, 04:29 PM   #1

Well I finally did what I knew was inevidable, broke the dash knob on the generator switch. This was one thing I was afraid of happening with National being out of buisness. Anyone know where I can find a replacement? I have a 2005 Tropical, don't know if they're different on other makes. I hope I don't have to buy the whole switch but if I have to guess thats what I'l have to do.
Steve

Alcoa Dura Bright rims
Steve & Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2008, 04:29 PM   #2

Well I finally did what I knew was inevidable, broke the dash knob on the generator switch. This was one thing I was afraid of happening with National being out of buisness. Anyone know where I can find a replacement? I have a 2005 Tropical, don't know if they're different on other makes. I hope I don't have to buy the whole switch but if I have to guess thats what I'l have to do.
Steve

Alcoa Dura Bright rims
Old 08-30-2008, 05:00 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Steve, is this a rocker switch? If so the unit is a R&R (remove and replace)item. I have a light burned out on my radio power switch, the factory told me the units cannot be repaired, just changed. Unfortunately, I don't know who provided the switches.

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 06:07 PM   #4

Yea, thanks for the return Fred. It is the rocker switch but the switch is ok, just need to replace the knob. Tried crazy glue, not strong enough. I have a list of NRV vendors, but it's like looking for a needle in a hay stack.
Steve

Alcoa Dura Bright rims
Old 08-30-2008, 07:47 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
If you want a good used switch try some of these folks in CA. http://www.rverscorner.com/rvsalvage.html
Belgian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 07:56 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
OK, here is a better site.
http://rvweb.net/surplus/west.html
or substitute 'east' for 'west' for east coast suppliers
Belgian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 08:51 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Not sure what switch you have, but chances are it was manufactured by this co. http://www.carlingtech.com/products/index.asp
The switch in your motorhome was not made by National RV.
Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 02:01 PM   #8

Steve & Betty ... I just picked up a 2005 from my father and the switch cover is missing on the generator switch inside the rig. Probably the same thing you experienced. Did you have any luck finding a replacement switch?
jwmort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 05:13 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Rocker Switches

This place has switches in abundance---they are not expensive. Perhaps it is best just to replace it---unless there is something I am missing in this discussion. If your generator switch is like mine it is a very comon switch----I think my generator switch is lighted. You can get this switch out easily and then just pull the bayonet plugs on the old one and install on the new. Push the switch back into place.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote