RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-21-2020, 08:30 AM   #1

Cab TV

Have a 2003 Dolphin 6320LX. Was considering trading the Dolphin in for something newer but now I think I will keep it and do some changes. I want to change out the cab TV. Has anyone removed the TV and utilized an extension mount to mount a flat screen? Before I start the project does anyone know the depth of the TV? I can purchase an extension mounting bracket that will accommodate a 39" flat screen TV. The bracket can be extended up to 30". Is it possible to use this mounting bracket? Any ideas on how to mount & secure the bracket?....Not much of a handy man but I can follow instructions. Thanks for you help and ideas...Tov

Vietnam Vet.

Tov61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2020, 09:05 AM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via Skype™ to JJH3rd
Here are instructions from a National Tech.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Removing the front TV in an 05 Dolphin.doc (33.5 KB, 4 views)

JJH3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 09:58 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have the exact make and model motorhome as you. In 2012 I replaced my front CRT TV with a flat screen. I posted the following link to show the steps in my installation. LCD TVs have changed since then but this might give you an idea on how to do it.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f105/lcd-...-x-117797.html
kennersonf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 09:42 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
I did this exact thing on our 06 Dolphin. I built a plywood box behind the trim to mount the tv mount to. I use 2" velcro to mold tv in place for travel.

Careful when removing old tv, about 75 lbs. It is a crt so bulky and heavy. I also went up in screen size.

2006 Dolphin 5355 Future CC owner
Tahiti16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 07:45 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
This has been done many times for a Dolphin. Do a search. Lots of photos. We did this and used a medicine cabinet for the inside vacant space (storage) and an swing out mount for new flat TV.
Old 05-23-2020, 08:20 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
I can't help you with the install but I can tell you this... I have owned a 2006 Sea Breeze.

Im guessing that "cab tv" is the one in the front over the drivers and passengers seat?

If I understand you correctly....
I think you are talking about mounting a 39 inch tv, on an extendable mount, and installing the mount in the back of the existing cabinet area where the old tube tv used to sit, with the tv mount extended out.

I feel this is a really bad idea, and others might chime in and agree!

The new 39" tv on a mount, extended out, bouncing down the road could be a huge disaster!

In a worst case situation... the tv mount stressed from being extended rips off the wall, the tv falls on you, the dash, the steering wheel, your wife, a pet, causing damage to the coach...possibly causing you to have accident, or worse.

From what Ive seen, the way the professionals seem to do it is they create a new front panel that attaches in its place like where a cabinet door would be. It is then extremely securely mounted to the cabinetry around it to hold up to the constant weight and vibration. Then they take the new tv and mount it using a flush style mount to this new front panel. Lastly drilling a 1-2 inch hole in the newly created panel to feed the wires thru.

If you have room and in certain situations, professionals can make the tv on a swinging door giving you added storage space behind the newly installed flat screen, where the tube tv used to sit.

The picture below is one in my coaches bedroom and it is mounted on a swinging panel
as I am describing.

If I am wrong on any of my assumptions above, I apologize in advance. Just trying to help.

Good luck, be safe and if your not sure.... pay a professional.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5942.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	191.3 KB
ID:	286590  

We RV'd ALL of the lower 48 states and into Canada
AZ RV'r is offline   Reply With Quote