Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2011, 06:07 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
cabinet glass

I would like to replace the mirror glass in the overhead cabinets on each side of the tv, with dark plane glass. Has anyone found dark tinted glass that is not tempered? Thanks for any info Patrick
pjtaxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2011, 06:46 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjtaxi View Post
I would like to replace the mirror glass in the overhead cabinets on each side of the tv, with dark plane glass. Has anyone found dark tinted glass that is not tempered? Thanks for any info
Patrick, I have had good luck in getting plate glass stores to help me with these types of issues. Let your fingers do the walking and call one of them guys up. See what they have to say and whether or not they can help arrive at a workable solution for your installation.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:18 PM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
I replaced my smoked glass with metal mesh to enhance cooling for the electronics in my overhead cabinets. It was easy to do, looks good, and gives me some assurane that my electronics are better off. You can see what I did on my website at Entertainment Cabinet Door Mesh

If you REALLY want glass, I would go to anyplace that sells glass and they should be able to cut to size pieces of whatever kind of glass you want.
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:15 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
I replaced my glass with aluminum mesh also. It looks good, and helps ventilate the electronics. I got it at Lowes and cut it to size myself.
Submustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:37 PM   #5
KIX

Tint the glass yourself with automotive window tint. VERY easy to do especially withthe glass out of the coach.
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:29 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
I had dark gray plexiglass cut for mine. $25.00 for both peices and about 30 minutes to change out. The remotes will work thru the clear.

I wish I would have thought of the mesh first. I am thing of doing the bedroom in the mesh. I want anything that will get rid of some of the mirrors.
Texun1 is offline   Reply With Quote