Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2015, 11:21 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Changing Starting Batteries 08 Pacifica

I am getting ready to replace my starting batteries in my 08 Pacifica. First time for an RV, is there anything special I should know about removal and replacement? Seems to be a bit of a tight space with several lead wires coming off both the negative and positive posts. Not sure if the gen set uses the chassis or house battery. Coach has 2 12V chassis batteries, cant really see how they are connected to each other, figured I could use some tape to keep track of which ones are + and -.

Thanks for any info.

D-Pusher
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2015, 12:27 AM   #2

I take pictures on my phone so I can duplicate the wiring. Makes the swap easy.
IASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 03:50 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Use your +/- tape and take lots of pictures. Be sure you can see which are the positive terminals in the pictures.
Volunteers USFWS. 9,300 hrs each, 29 refuges. 04 Allegro 30DA, WH 8.1, Banks, 2012 Jeep Liberty , Brake Buddy Adv Select, 300watts Solar, "Philippians 4:11-13 KJV"
Rocky Larson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 07:16 AM   #4

I would read the threads on all the people looking for battery diagrams because they screwed up their replacement.
Go to a battery shop, drink coffee, pay the man $60 plus the batteries and drive home.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:07 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
X2 on paying the battery guy to do it. Took it to Les Schwab last time as the batteries are on the top of the battery compartment and weigh a lot more than I want to take down from the top shelf. They run the forklift up and slide them out after crawling in to disconnect them, put them down where they want them and load the new ones on and run them back onto the shelf and reconnect them. Sure it's $50, but at 74, that's not something I feel like doing.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 11:51 AM   #6

Thor Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
I am willing to pay a few bucks for the install, its just I can buy my replacement batteries for 95.00 after return of the cores. I can look around my area for an RV guy to just put them in, but most places I know want you to buy the batteries from them as well. I am no spring chicken myself but I can hold the bay door open while young son puts the muscle and knuckles to the job.

Tags
batteries