Originally Posted by missionrec
I suspected this but I'm glad to hear the confirmation before I pull the dash...
Thank you both!
I didn’t realize the issue with ours until after we purchased from a private owner and was driving it home against a headwind. I kept feeling slight air wisps hitting me in the face.
A few weeks later while driving to Longview in the rain to get recall work done, the windshield wipers were acting goofy - the wiper motor had broken loose from the plywood OSB plywood they used to make the dash.
Then I noticed I could push the plywood up. When looking closer, GB used 6 or 7 #10 screws to attach the dashboard to the front end cap. They had all sheared off or rusted away.
The shearing happened due to torquing of the chassis when you pull into or out of places like parking lots where there is a grade transition. In fact, it busted the driver side windshield on our first outing due to GB not fully rounding the dash to match the windshield radius.
I pulled the whole thing out, peeled back the covering, installed 5/16” blind nuts, replaced the covering, drilled clearance holes out in the front cap, screwed 5/16” studs into the blind nuts, put weatherstripping on the mating surfaces of splash to end cap, reinstalled the dash, and bolted everything down tight.
Problem solved, and the coach is much tighter on the front end.
Pictures available upon request.