Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2011, 01:35 PM   #1

Comfort Control Thermostat

2000, Trdewinds model 7373. I am in need of the Comfort Control Thermostat that controls both the front and back Air Cond., and both furnaces. It is a Duo-Therm with four buttons on the front. These are not made anymore and i was told that the replacement one will require that the electronic boards would have to be changed in the Air conditioners, but not in the furnaces. Would anyone know of any place that i could get one like the one that came in the MH. The Model number of the defective one is3106463.007 and i guess the serial No. is 02-941101-E. If anyone knows if i received the correct info on the AC boards please let me know. I have tried RV surplus and they do not have one. Rivrduk
rivrduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2011, 02:23 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hoo-Boy......I hope mine never goes bad. What is wrong with your's? Rook

98 National Tradewinds 7370, powered by a 3126B 300HP CAT Turbo, Freightliner XC chassis
Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 02:34 PM   #3

Used may be your only hope:
Duo-therm 4 button comfort control | eBay
Classic Winnebago Site: https://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php
Dave78Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 05:55 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
You can call these folks Dinosaur Electronics Company Information they in the past have rebuilt the CCC4's if the LCD is still working.

Tell us what's wrong, perhaps you don't need a new one. Have you tried a reset and checked the phone connector for bent pins? Could be just the on/off switch needs replaced or a bad ballast in one of your florescent lights.

Dick
Old 11-20-2011, 08:04 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivrduk View Post
If anyone knows if i received the correct info on the AC boards please let me know. Rivrduk
Yes you need to replace both circuit boards to be compatible with the 5 button thermostat.
jlyon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:12 AM   #6

Thanks for answering: Here is the problem: When i try to change from front to back or back to front by pressing the fan and mode buttons it will change but i have to press the buttons many times. It will not change immediately and will change the mode of the one it is presently in before it goes to the other one. I can press the mode and fan button many times and it will finally change, but this never happened until just now. Everything else, the on and off switch, the fan by itself and the mode by its self. The LCD is working. I looked at the telephone type plug both male and female ends and all seems fine. Now as to the ballast? All lights seem to be working as usual. No blinking or hesitation after the switch is clicked, and no flickering at all. It will work, but after many, many attempts. Thanks, Rivrduk
Old 11-20-2011, 09:41 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Rivrduk....you may be in luck.....mine did the same thing until I cleaned the switch contacts and did a "reset". Here is the poop:

I've been putting this off....but finally decided to do it. Do what? Well, remove my Duo Therm Heat and AC control and clean it. Why clean it. Remember this is a 13 year old coach.

Initially, the problem was it was very intermittent. I could push the change Mode buttons and it would flicker, cycle through several positions and stop at random on some position....usually not the one that I wanted! If I pushed several times I would eventually get it to stop on the position I wanted. I did a "reset" from the manual and it improved the performance, but not for very long. Finally, I removed it from the wall. Used a small tool to pry the tab on the bottom a bit and snap it open. Unpluged the phone cord, use a cloths-pin on the cord to keep it from disappearing into the wall. 4 screws remove the small circuit boad and you have ready access to the 4 push-button switches. I used a spray can of electronic switch cleaner with with the little red tube to spray each of the switches and the phone connection, operating the switches several times and repeatedly spraying each of them. Put it back together, plug it in on the wal and .....wallah, worked perfect....solid as a rock! Time well spent. Rook

RESET
If the Comfort Control Center is not operational, inadequate
data or no functions occur, reset the Comfort
Control Center to factory setting. When a reset procedure
is done, all previous program memory is removed.
The factory setting of 72°F for cooling mode
and 68°F for heating modes are entered.
To initiate a RESET, do the following in the order
listed:
1) Turn control on to ensure annunciator data and light
are present. If data and light are present, continue to
next step. If data and light are not present, see Sec.
2) Depress MODE switch to activate annunciator light.
3) Simultaneously depress the bottom two buttons
(temperature UP and DOWN) and hold.
4) While holding these buttons down, depress the
MODE button once and release.
5) Release the two buttons previously held down.
6) Depress the MODE button once again.
7) At this time the light should extinguish, and the mode
should register "OFF". If not, repeat Steps 2 through
8) Retest system ensuring that all functions are present
and operational.

98 National Tradewinds 7370, powered by a 3126B 300HP CAT Turbo, Freightliner XC chassis
Old 11-20-2011, 11:46 AM   #8

National RV Owners Club
If what Rook said doesn't fix it call these guys, they have a lot of stuff.

Gamblers RV Supply 55 Kuehn St #14 Rice Ranch South, Quartzsite, AZ 85346
1-928-927-5966 Chuck Dodson Mgr. 1-760-221-4029
New, Used, We have what others don’t. Open Oct. 1st thru April 15th for walk in business.
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:15 PM   #9

ROOK, mine was doing the same thing as yours. I took the board off and moved the buttons back and forth and round and round, put it back on and it is working fine now. I guess i removed some of the grime that was on the contacts. I was afraid to take the switches apart and was not aware that there was a electronic cleaner. How did you remove the clips on the switches without breaking the clips? This is what worried me on taking them apart. I would like to take them apart and give the contacts a good cleaning even though they are now working. No where in my booklets do i find a way to reset the system. Thanks Jerry
Old 11-20-2011, 04:32 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I didn't take the switches apart....I just sprayed them with the cleaner while they were mounted on the board. You can get the electronic contact cleaner at a auto parts place or at Radio Shake. I included the RESET procedure in my last post. Rook

Old 11-20-2011, 08:47 PM   #11

National RV Owners Club
Way to go ROOK!!!!!! Sure beats trying to buy a new one.

Dick
Old 11-22-2011, 11:55 AM   #12

Cleaned them with electronic cleaner and all seems to be fine now! I am trying to buy one on E-Bay as a back-up just in case i need one down the road. An extra so to speak. Thanks to all who replied, You are wonderful help. Rivrduk

Tags
thermostat