Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2012, 12:35 PM   #1

Connecting TV to Stereo Speakers

We own a 2000 Seabreeze. We would like to know if anyone has connected their TV, located up front, to the stereo speckers? We have however changed the original tv to a flat screen. Would like to know if anyone has done this!!!!
BoPeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2012, 12:53 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yes I did, TV audio out red and white to auxiliary in on the in dash stereo. Works ok but has some line noise.
Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:36 AM   #3

Probably the simplex hook up is the one I use with my portabe 19 inch HD TV. I run a stereo cable from the headphone jack on the TV to the AUX input on the OEM radio. This gives my audio output to the speakers in the MH.

A bit more complex and something that may not be available on your MH, is to utilize the MH's dash mounted "Radio/TV" switch. The TV and the radio can be played through the switch which gives an output to the radio receiver at a pre-selected intermediate frequency on the radio. Like I say, complex but functional.

Bob, wa7hra............
Old 03-27-2012, 10:00 PM   #4

Yes same hook up as Richard mine works well without line noise. I have 32" LCD and alpine stereo receiver.
Mike H 2002 Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:12 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Not so easy on my set up. The new Vizio didn't have rca out but it does have SPDIF out. I bought a converter box to go SPDIF to RCA. Then I installed a Motorola DC800 Bluetooth transmitter / Receiver to the tv. The stereo also had bluetooth. I just connect the two when we want tv sound to the stereo. With this setup we can also stream music from the itouch and laptop wirelessly to the stereo.
Rick 2005 Dolphin 5376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:46 AM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick 2005 Dolphin 5376 View Post
Not so easy on my set up. The new Vizio didn't have rca out but it does have SPDIF out. I bought a converter box to go SPDIF to RCA. Then I installed a Motorola DC800 Bluetooth transmitter / Receiver to the tv. The stereo also had bluetooth. I just connect the two when we want tv sound to the stereo. With this setup we can also stream music from the itouch and laptop wirelessly to the stereo.
You can also get one of these. It connects to the TV optical audio and converts it to analog RCA jacks. Check your TV though, some (LG for example) only output dolby digital on the optical audio and you need a more expensive converter for those. This converter works perfectly on the Vizio and any other TV that can turn off the Dolby bitstream on the optical audio.
Amazon.com: FiiO D3 Digital to Analog Audio Converter - 192kHz/24bit Optical and Coaxial DAC: Musical Instruments
Old 04-10-2012, 05:52 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by keninvic View Post
You can also get one of these. It connects to the TV optical audio and converts it to analog RCA jacks. Check your TV though, some (LG for example) only output dolby digital on the optical audio and you need a more expensive converter for those. This converter works perfectly on the Vizio and any other TV that can turn off the Dolby bitstream on the optical audio.
Amazon.com: FiiO D3 Digital to Analog Audio Converter - 192kHz/24bit Optical and Coaxial DAC: Musical Instruments
Had I not gone the way I did, yours would of been a good alternative. I paid about the same for my SPDIF converter.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
check your Walmart for a wireless gadget used for ipads etc. I connected it to tv with a adapter from radio shack and it plays on an FM frequency thru radio. cost under $20
Old 04-23-2012, 02:00 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleyman View Post
check your Walmart for a wireless gadget used for ipads etc. I connected it to tv with a adapter from radio shack and it plays on an FM frequency thru radio. cost under $20
And, really bad sound quality.... . It doesn't cost much more to get real high quality sound from your tv to your stereo.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:03 PM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Some TV's have jacks already present, Some do not, Mine does. The big thing is the speakers... In my coach they are fairly "High power" jobs, tough they give good quality audio (Conistant with my expectations for speakers and amplifiers in their power class) the TV really has not the drive to feed them.. Thus it feeds the "Home Theater" system next door. and that feeds the speakers.. Quite nicely I might add.

Thus, Even though it would work better on many levels.. WIFE never uses home theater insisting on using the cheaper speakers built into the tv. What's worse is if I've recorded say a Concert, and want to use the good ones for the better sound.. She ges ticked off..
Old 04-23-2012, 07:34 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
wa8yxm,
I know what you mean about "she gets ticked off." I designed around DW's objection by using the headphone-out signal and feeding into the HT system. I set the HT system to a constant volume and thus DW can control the volume with the TV's remote (she's a only-one-remote gal!!). My Vizio doesn't have the "variable audio out" function needed for line-level audio connection, but the "headphone" out fits the requirement nicely (stereo only ... no 5.1 stuff). So for DW, the Vizio remote controls the volume ... and I get reasonably good sound.
or: '08 Buick Lucerne
Robi.1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:38 PM   #12

Wish I could connect my TV to stereo system. Replaced front CRT with a 40inch Samsung. Has a great picture however it does not have any audio out jacks! We feed it with a Dish VIP211K and a PS3 as well as having a dated stereo system that is not hooked up. Thinking about replacing home theatre system with a more modern one (HDMI jacks) so it can be fed by second HDMI feeds off of sources. Any comments or suggestions?
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:31 PM   #13

National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Some TV's have jacks already present, Some do not, Mine does. The big thing is the speakers... In my coach they are fairly "High power" jobs, tough they give good quality audio (Conistant with my expectations for speakers and amplifiers in their power class) the TV really has not the drive to feed them.. Thus it feeds the "Home Theater" system next door. and that feeds the speakers.. Quite nicely I might add.

Thus, Even though it would work better on many levels.. WIFE never uses home theater insisting on using the cheaper speakers built into the tv. What's worse is if I've recorded say a Concert, and want to use the good ones for the better sound.. She ges ticked off..
I built a rather large subwoofer box in the space left after I installed the LED TV. Wifey doesnt like the home theatre amp I installed; but you should here the whining when I flip on the subwoofer... lol
Old 04-23-2012, 11:47 PM   #14

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedoc View Post
Wish I could connect my TV to stereo system. Replaced front CRT with a 40inch Samsung. Has a great picture however it does not have any audio out jacks! We feed it with a Dish VIP211K and a PS3 as well as having a dated stereo system that is not hooked up. Thinking about replacing home theatre system with a more modern one (HDMI jacks) so it can be fed by second HDMI feeds off of sources. Any comments or suggestions?
Our Samsung is the same, only one RG-6 and RCA input. I may have to add some adapters as I can't even connect my TV Ears to the TV, only to the cable box. The RCA input is used by the DVD and the RG is used by the antenna/cable/satellite.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote