Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2020, 03:58 PM   #1

Cruise control only works intermittently

2006 Sea Breeze Triton V-10. The Ford dealer said I need to replace the PCM. Unfortunately, there are no OEMs available. So, is it ok to purchase a non-Ford PCM? I found a replacement on Flagship One.
ichthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2020, 04:18 PM   #2

Call them up and ask. Cant hurt. Most aftermarket bcm,pcm or what ever they want to call it are associated with tune changes. So a phone call to them should answer your questions.
Old 07-29-2020, 04:21 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
As they say "Any Port In A Storm".

IF that's all you can get, then go for it.

You may want to give a call to one of the larger RV wrecking yards that do mail-out orders.

Happy Glamping.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 08:27 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'd do a bit more investigation. I'm not sure about this vintage F53, but a lot of vehicles in the y2k era used vacuum to control the Cruse actuator. Any vacuum leak may cause intermittent problems if the cruise is this style. Also look at the obvious things like brake pedal switch under the dash.
miatawnt2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 08:36 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
In all likelihood your problem is that your brake light switch is out of adjustment. The cruise control is affected by the brake lights.
kennersonf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 12:26 PM   #6

Thanks for the input. I ordered/purchased a PCM.
Old 08-26-2020, 05:39 PM   #7

Cruise Control Issue

I purchased and after waiting too long, and after numerous followups, I received an email informing me that after they had programed/tested two computers both failed and they do no have any...they aren't sure when they will get any more.

I'm going to replace the cruise control release switch and see what happens. I checked the brake switch and seems to be functioning ok. In other words, I push the peddle and the brake lights come on.
Old 08-26-2020, 06:35 PM   #8

When my cc worked intermittently, it was the brake light switch located at the swing pedal. Changed it out and never had any further problem. A cheap fixed.
Seon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 05:17 AM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Also check parking brake switch, you can do this by checking the ICON on your dash board. parking brake light
Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 08:01 AM   #10

You replaced the brake light switch. So, did your switch work when you pressed the brake peddle? Mine works when I do and so I figured that that was not it.

Tags
cruise control