Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2017, 10:21 AM   #1

Dolphin Tire Pressure Data

I own a 2006 Dolphin 5355 model with the Ford V-10 which I bought from the original owner. My GVWR is listed as 22,000 lbs. When I bought the unit it had 22.5 inch Michelins (original equipment) for tires, so I replaced all 6 with new ones. After owning it for awhile and to ensure I had the correct recommended tire pressures, I referred to the placard inside the drivers cabinet. To my surprise, the placard referred to pressures for 19.5 inch tires. Can anybody that owns this same unit please pass on to me what the recommended pressures are for the 22.5 inch tires?
Thanks,
Dave
dlduck is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2017, 02:14 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Rather then go by the placard. get each axle weight while loaded for a trip. (each wheel weight is better) Then go to Michelins tire pressure guide and you will have a better ride. If your worried about the pressure until you can get the rig weighed just go by the max pressure on the tire side wall.
John Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 04:13 PM   #3

Here ya go -

Load & Inflation Tables | Michelin Truck

Until you get it weighed you could use the pressures indicated for the individual gross axle weights ratings.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:16 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
On our 06 5355 which when we have weighed it runs within a couple hundred pounds of rating the Michelin site shows 85 front 90 rear, for simplicity we run 90 all around. Yes we have the 22.5 wheels too which were optional from Ford but National ordered the chassis that way.

2006 Dolphin 5355
Tahiti16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 03:22 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wayne View Post
Rather then go by the placard. get each axle weight while loaded for a trip. (each wheel weight is better) Then go to Michelins tire pressure guide and you will have a better ride. If your worried about the pressure until you can get the rig weighed just go by the max pressure on the tire side wall.
Though weighing is always the best, as long as you did not do that, you have to go from GAWR's, assuming this is the maximum allowed by law, and these larger vehicles are not that often overloaded, but realise this is general idea, so can be dangerous.
Then add 10% to that for savetymargin, for R/L unbalance wich is always the case, but also for pressure-loss in time, and or inacurate reading of pressure-device.

If you give that here together with exact specifications of tires, maximum load or loadindex, AT-pressure , and if you can find it speedcode, all can be found on sidewall, I can calculate a save pressure range for you.

The Michelin list given here uses for the large sise you have , the European formula to make the pressure/loadcapacity list, so is saver then American lists.

So you can also do it yourselfes , using that list, but always add 10% , and see how the list is made, Michelin often gives loadcapacity per axle, so 2 or 4 times the tire, or sometimes for dual load ( 4 tires on the axle) per axle-end so for 2 tires.
jadatis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dolphin, tire pressure