Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2013, 04:59 AM   #1

Dolphin windsheld availability

Can one still get a windshield half for a1997 Dolphin 534G? If so where and how much? Passenger side. Thanks
fighterpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2013, 05:11 AM   #2

If its guardian try Duncan glass in Elkhart ind. my southwind right was $1500 labor and shipping
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:00 AM   #3
bkb

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We are having the same side sindshield replaced now. My guy quoted me sdomething like $850.00 for the glass then will take 2 guys about 1 1/2 hours to install. I'll try to get better info and post later.
bkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:31 AM   #4

This place can supply the glass and recommend an installer:
RV Windshield Distributor, Oregon Conversion Bus Glass Supplier, RV Windshield Replacement

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:42 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Hey Guys,,don't you have glass insurance...If not I would get it and wait a month and turn in the damage..It's not considered a claim on any glass repair the insurance pays it all ,,,,no deductible.....just sayin',,,I did it.....everything is cool.
gonational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:08 AM   #6

It's a no fault claim. I got both replaced, along with the seal, about 2-3 weeks after switching to Allstate. It took two guys about 4 hours to replace them.

Old 05-15-2013, 07:12 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonational View Post
Hey Guys,,don't you have glass insurance...If not I would get it and wait a month and turn in the damage..It's not considered a claim on any glass repair the insurance pays it all ,,,,no deductible.....just sayin',,,I did it.....everything is cool.
Ohoh, just hope your insurance company doesn't monitor irv2.com.
Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:26 PM   #8

Windshield is available. 1100 for one quote and 1600 for another quote. I'm just going to pay for it when I get ready. May wait a bit to see if it is stable or not. Could live with it as is, but don't want it to suddenly shatter. Don't believe it would do that but what do I know. Thanks
Old 05-15-2013, 02:56 PM   #9

It won't shatter, but the crack will spread with heat, vibration and maybe using your jacks.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:17 PM   #10

Dunner, appreciate the information. Think we use it for a while and see if DW complains.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:44 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
I'm still glad I got the word out to everyone....if anyone can get anything over on insurance of any kind,,I say go for it...soo many people are afraid, ooohhhh my insurance is going to go up if I claim anything..like I said it's a no fault claim and no deductible...I think glass insurance for all the glass in my MH is 4.00 a month,,so everyone,,,,I say go get it.........happy trails!!!!!!!!
gonational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:20 AM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonational View Post
I'm still glad I got the word out to everyone....if anyone can get anything over on insurance of any kind,,I say go for it...soo many people are afraid, ooohhhh my insurance is going to go up if I claim anything..like I said it's a no fault claim and no deductible...I think glass insurance for all the glass in my MH is 4.00 a month,,so everyone,,,,I say go get it.........happy trails!!!!!!!!
So you have glass insurance but want somebody else to commit fraud?
Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:10 PM   #13

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Dolphin Windshield

fighterpilot,

Please tell us where you live. Makes a difference in where you can get glass repalcement. If you are covered by your RV insurance, you may be able to make a claim. Safelite Autoglass is a referred provider with AAA. They replaced my passenger side windshield for my $250 deductible and easy as pie!

Happy Trails!

Darryl
desobelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:29 PM   #14

I live in Florida. Safelite said they do not replace RV windshields. I called the National office and they confirmed that they do not replace windshields. I'm and old guy, old school, brought up in a traditional way, so, in good conscience, I can not submit a claim for the replacement of a chipped windshield in a motorhome I just bought, even though that is covered in Florida. My comprehensive deductible is $1000 so making a claim on my insurance portion for a $1072 job is questionable as well. Don't know if that claim would cost me money later on but why chance it?

I'll just pay for it when I decide to fix it. Thanks for the information.

Tags
dolphin