Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2012, 05:06 PM   #1

Driver Seat Loose \ Wobbles

The driver’s seat seems to have a wobble in it (mechanical seat not electrical). If you shake it, it will wobble from left to right and front to back. Not much but enough to bother me while driving.

From what I can see it looks like the chair spins on ball bearing sandwiched by two pieces of metal. It looks like one of the ball bearings is missing causing it wobble. But I thought if there was a problem with the bearing then it would be rough when I spin it, but it isn’t. The chair looks to be secure to the floor properly.

I am about to pull the driver’s seat and try to figure this out.

But before I do this I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions or similar experiences.

I know this is not normal because the passenger seat is secured firmly. The passenger seat spins and has all the same capabilities as the driver.

Side note: The rocking recliner seems to wobble from left to right a lot to. I am not worried about this because it is a rocking chair so it moves around naturally.
-twitch- is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2012, 05:14 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
There are two plates with ball bearings in between. There is a bolt that holds them together. I believe it is a 7/8 in. bolt. You will need an open end wrench. Just tighten until the seat will rotate without wobbling.It is an easy repair.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:19 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
You DO NOT have to take out the seat to do this.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
There are two plates with ball bearings in between. There is a bolt that holds them together. I believe it is a 7/8 in. bolt. You will need an open end wrench. Just tighten until the seat will rotate without wobbling.It is an easy repair.
Quote:
You DO NOT have to take out the seat to do this.
See I was sitting there last night with the socket wrench in hand all ready to tackle it. I was thinking of asking but felt it was kind of a dumb question and the answer most likely would be find what is loose and tighten it.

Well I decided not to do it last night and am glad that I decided to post first rather then pulling it apart. I will check this when I get home but it sounds like the solution to my problem.

Thank you! I owe you a cold one if your ever on this side of the country
Old 10-10-2012, 05:49 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
I had a small tack weld break on the drivers seat in a Winnebago. I only found it after I took the seat off the mount.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:01 PM   #6

My driver seat was loose too, so I tightened the big nut with an open end
wrench. Once it was adjusted properly, I replaced the cotter key that had
fallen out. No problems since.

Sequim Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:41 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
My passenger seat wobbles. Please let us know if you could fix your seat as described.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:51 PM   #8

Quote:
Thank you very much Sir.

It was a 3\4in nut but right were you said it was

Same issue with the rocking recliner, tighten the nut and now it only rocks front to back not right to left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequim Guy View Post
My driver seat was loose too, so I tightened the big nut with an open end
wrench. Once it was adjusted properly, I replaced the cotter key that had
fallen out. No problems since.

Buying a cotter pin kit this weekend. Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudsoner View Post
My passenger seat wobbles. Please let us know if you could fix your seat as described.
Yes it is there it was kind of hard to see but feel around. Mine was 3\4 in and I found the same nut on all chairs in the RV
Old 10-11-2012, 12:51 PM   #9

My seat was too tight and a PITA to turn. I couldn't even see the nut and cotter pin, so I removed the seat, loosened the nut and replaced the cotter pin.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
driver