Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2007, 04:47 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Our 2002 Tradewinds has a dust problem....at idle speed (and anything higher) we blow a lot of dust....enough that on dirt roads I cannot see 2' behind the coach. Are there any 2002 Tradewinds owners that have experienced a similar problem? Is there a fix? I get very dirty looks from my fellow RV's I coat in a cloud of dust......I can't blame them I'm not happy either but don't know where to start to look for a solution to the problem.

vinbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2007, 04:47 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Our 2002 Tradewinds has a dust problem....at idle speed (and anything higher) we blow a lot of dust....enough that on dirt roads I cannot see 2' behind the coach. Are there any 2002 Tradewinds owners that have experienced a similar problem? Is there a fix? I get very dirty looks from my fellow RV's I coat in a cloud of dust......I can't blame them I'm not happy either but don't know where to start to look for a solution to the problem.

Old 08-22-2007, 07:11 PM   #3

I have the same rig and the same problem. We came thru the east entrance to Yellowstone a few days ago. Road construction left a gravel dusty road for at least 30 miles. Dust in all the compartments, dust on backup camera obliterating toad and the white toad was brown. I stopped and cleaned the backup camera and taillights. Today I hosed out rhe radiator real good, it probably need pressure washing. I'm sure the engine is covered with dust:-(. I don't think there is anything we'll be able to do about it but keep it as clean as we can.

Happy Trails, Jim

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited
Our Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:13 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks Jim,

I took a look under the coach's rear end yesterday...noticed a slight dent in the first right elbow from the manifold to the exhaust pipe. There appears to be a 1/4" separation. Will investigate further today and post my findings.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:18 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
My 02 LTC has a straight exhaust pipe that sticks out on the curb side. We live on a dusty road, so if I drive too fast, the rig kicks it up, but not from the exhaust. If you have a curved outlet, you might try loosening it up and turning it so that it doesn't face downward.
Submustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 01:29 PM   #6

Mid Atlantic Campers

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote