Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2015, 04:16 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Electric Fireplace

Driving a 1998 Tradewinds and looking to remove the seat behind the passenger seat. Would like to replace it with a Infared fireplace with cabinet and motorized TV lift. Only have approx. 38 inches for width. Would like to find some suppliers of this type of product.
Gladstone PE is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2015, 08:10 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
I've seen your post for a few days, no one has stepped up, so I'll give it a try. I think the issue in finding a cabinet with built in electric fireplace and a TV lift in 38" is the real limiting factor. There are many elec. fireplaces that would fit, but not with the built in lift. I suggest you find a fireplace you like and add the TV lift to the back of it yourself.

I have no idea of wood choices, but here's a few I found:

Hampton Bay Derry 32 in. Compact Infrared Electric Fireplace in Cherry-25-791-68-Y - The Home Depot

Hampton Bay Derry 32 in. Compact Infrared Electric Fireplace in White-25-791-50-Y - The Home Depot

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...tric+fireplace

Unfortunately the lift mechanisms cost more than the fireplaces!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...lift+mechanism

If it where me, I'd select a fireplace I like and build my own lift with linear actuators.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 06:35 AM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
TV & Fireplace

Thanks for the comeback Bob. Your right its hard to find a combo that small and when you do the price is very high. Found a lift for a good price and will just go with a fire place in front and the lift against the side bulkhead if I can find enough strength to hold it. Will build a small shelf on a hinge to cover the top of the TV when down.
Gladstone PE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 09:46 AM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
Sounds like a good solution. You might build a plywood box to fit the back of the fireplace and mount the lift mech. on the inside back of the box.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace