Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2021, 03:53 PM   #1

Electric Issue

Help! We have a 2000 National RV Dolphin Issue. We have traveled across and back the US. Pretty much trouble free. Back In Oregon and temperature hit 99. We are plugged into 50 amp my son had professionally installed to his home so we could stay for several months. Wife was cooking dinner, microwave on, A/C was on, need to use toaster, plugged it in and everything came to stop. Reset at rv house connection breaker no luck. Checked the RV breakers nothing tripped, but redid each breaker, nothing. Unplugged, reconnected to Rv, started Generator had dinner. TV’s still out Microwave out, front A/C Out including just fan, Refrigerator switched back to ac from propane. Thank you for listening to this short book. Will be a week to get service here, so any ideas, suggestions would be helpful. I have checked every fuse too! My wife loves IRV2 too!
dgsoregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2021, 04:40 PM   #2

Microwave and kitchen plugs might be on an inverted circuit , did you check for tripped circuit breakers on the inverter ?
Old 08-17-2021, 05:26 PM   #3

Thank you Skip426. I will check that out ASAP
Don
Old 08-17-2021, 11:13 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Also check for any tripped gfi's. One can control several plugs.

2006 Dolphin 5355
Tahiti16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 10:43 AM   #5

Thanks for the Suggestion, I didn't about "GF" them controlling more than one plug. They work when the Generator is running. I have service fellow coming at noon, so i hope to get taken care of soon. I believe i might Bad breaker at the house box or at the MH breaker box. Thank again for the help and have a great day. DGS
Old 08-19-2021, 10:47 AM   #6

Also, check that the 50 amp outlet is correctly wired.

Between the two outer straights should be 240 VAC.

If it reads zero, you might have overloaded the neutral wire or one of the connections on the neutral circuit.
Old 08-24-2021, 05:05 PM   #7

I agree with the amount of current you are drawing you could easily overload the 20 amp circuit breaker on the inverter. Also since you stated an electrician is coming out have him pull the plate where the A/C in and A/C out conduites are attached. He should untape every connector and check to see that the hot and neutral wires are still tight in addition to the ground block.

I checked mine this morning and one of the neutral wires slid out as soon as the tape came off. I dodged a bullet today.
Old 08-25-2021, 12:47 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
There might be a 2 x 2 drop down piece of counter near the kitchen. In ours, there is a GFI underneath.
Old 10-25-2021, 12:43 AM   #9

Electric issue

True 50 amp should be able to run everything.
BUTCHPHI is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric