RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-22-2015, 01:15 PM   #1

Engine won't start

Hi Everybody
I'm very new to the RV world.
I have a couple silly question.
I have a 2005 National Sea Breeze (gas)
Engine will not crank over
Question is does it have a separate battery for engine start and where is it?

Also the overhead TV does not turn on? where do i start for this issue where are the fuses/breakers?

Thanks
Pete
RVPete1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2015, 01:23 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVPete1 View Post
Hi Everybody
I'm very new to the RV world.
I have a couple silly question.
I have a 2005 National Sea Breeze (gas)
Engine will not crank over
Question is does it have a separate battery for engine start and where is it?

Also the overhead TV does not turn on? where do i start for this issue where are the fuses/breakers?

Thanks
Pete
Hello Pete,

Sounds like you have a dead battery. I'm going to guess you have two sets of batteries, one for the house and one for the coach but not being familiar with your particular rig, I'm guessing.
Have you been plugged in to shore power? If not, that's why your TV won't work. Unless you have an Inverter/Converter, you TV is powered by 120V shore power which you do not have when not plugged.
Old 03-22-2015, 01:28 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Pete you should have two systems. One for the chassis (engine) and one for the house. There should be shut offs for the batteries, and most likely the chassis battery is turned off. If you MH is equiped with an inverter make sure it's on, and seee if the TV comes on.

Best of luck.
Old 03-22-2015, 01:36 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I believe your batteries are under your entry steps.

Mike
Old 03-22-2015, 06:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfire1339 View Post
I believe your batteries are under your entry steps.

Mike
Thanks guys i will check everything you guys mentioned and get back.

I see the batteries in the entry way they are piggy backed to each other are these also for motor or house or both.

Thank You
Pete
RVPete1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 08:59 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Pete, the two connected are the house batteries, usually 6V golf cart batteries in series to get 12VDC. The start battery is the single 12V battery next to the others. I believe the start battery is a regular group 27 car battery.

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 09:54 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
All the 12V fuses/breaker for the house are on the 12V distribution panel located in the front right (passenger) side basement compartment. They have nothing to do the engine starting circuit. As far as I know National RV did not use a chassis disconnect on their gas motorhome's. As others have said sounds like you chassis battery is dead. As for the TV not working, unless you have an inverter you have to be connected to shore power for it to work.
Which chassis do you have?
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat Pickup 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000, 1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700, 2,740 Pin Weight.
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:09 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
We never have enought information.

You might want to make a list of the different things about the M.H. that you do not understand and get a hold of the person or place that sold it to you.
They may have a manual that they forgot to give you.
Or you can fine a R.V.lot and look for another R.V. like the one you have then start asking them questions.
Just a thought.
Walter5555 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine