Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-25-2022, 05:44 AM   #1

Exact Width National Dolphin LX 6375

Sorry for the double post. This text is from the forum above. But it fits better here and maybe someone can help me.

Hello RV friends. I'm Mo from Germany. I have already introduced myself in the appropriate area. Please excuse my not so perfect English. Now to my question. In Germany, RVs are only permitted up to a width of 100". Anything else will be very difficult. My favorite model, a National Dolphin 6375, is listed as 102". Now my question. Where exactly is this measured? On my RV, which is still in the USA, there are also decorative strips which I could remove to measure for approval in Germany. I would be very happy if there is someone among you who could measure the EXACTLY width of his Dolphin. So here without all the parts that can be dismantled. That's what I would do for approval. Then I reassemble everything :-) I also have to rebuild the gas stove and many other things for the approval. However, the width is something I find difficult to convert if the body is too wide without moldings, mirrors and awnings. I am very happy about your answers. Best regards, Mo. Oh yes, if one of you needs an RV in Germany...in the best case scenario I'll have one available

If the width is 102" on the slides it should work. 1” is not a big problem. 2" is getting more difficult. But I'll find a way. Otherwise, I just bought a 102" wide garden shed in the US :-) I love America when it comes to things like that. Germany is more difficult there. I've seen so many dream cars and RVs on my road trip. I have only driven a 300c, F150, a 1983 RAM Van B250 and my current RAM. The RV will be difficult to drive here on the small roads. There is some risk with the money... but it will work out.
Mr.Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2022, 07:34 AM   #2

Doesn't anyone want to take precise measurements on their Dolphin? It would help me a lot. With and without moldings and fender(flair)

Old 11-28-2022, 07:46 AM   #3
Community Moderator

What year? Width is 8 ft (96 inches) per https://www.rvusa.com/2005-national-...lass-a-3439179
Old 11-28-2022, 08:17 AM   #4

my is a 2005. I've already found the ad and was amazed at the 8ft. They are probably only in the lower part of the RV. According to the manufacturer, it is said to be 102” at the top. My question is whether it really is, or whether you have to dismantle things to get less.
Awnings are no Problem!
Old 11-29-2022, 06:52 AM   #5
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Mo View Post
.........My question is whether it really is, or whether you have to dismantle things to get less......
No you cannot.
Old 12-04-2022, 10:34 AM   #6

Does 102" include the side mirrors?
Old 12-04-2022, 11:43 AM   #7

If your issue is import laws in Germany, they will almost assuredly go with the manufacturer’s specifications and not crawl all around the RV with tape measures. Should be relatively straight forward to contact the German authorities, tell them what you have and get their rulings and procedures.
Bigceasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 12:05 AM   #8

National RV Owners Club
No it is the body, the mirrors are beyond the 102"

2006 Dolphin 5355
Tahiti16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 01:08 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigceasar View Post
If your issue is import laws in Germany, they will almost assuredly go with the manufacturer’s specifications and not crawl all around the RV with tape measures. Should be relatively straight forward to contact the German authorities, tell them what you have and get their rulings and procedures.

Yes, the German authorities will measure the vehicle with a tape measure. They don't care about the manufacturer's information. ONLY actual measurements count.

Tags
dolphin, national