Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2010, 10:38 PM   #1

Filter location?

Help! My first attempt at using the forum. Have gotten great rewards from other questions, and now for one of my own. Own a 2008 Pacifica PC40Ci with basement AC. Unable to locate filters. Not under bed or under dresser drawers. I am totally lost. Thanks for any and all help.
lieutenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2010, 07:40 PM   #2
JVJ

OH MY, let the fun begin...LOL!! I searched for ever trying to locate my filters. Swore that they were not under the dresser, no way, no how....they are under the dresser.
Start by looking for the basics of an A/C system. We know the A/C unit is in the basement, we know that the air is piped into the coach and expelled through the vents in the roof. You will have one, maybe two return air vents allow the interior coach are back to the basement unit. Look for a metal or mesh grill located say maybe under the bottom drawers on your dresser. I also have a return grill located under the W/D closet in the back corner of the bedroom. The grill under the W/D allow the return air to flow back under the dresser drawers.
I removed the dresser drawers and looked with a flash light and could not locate the filters. However after using a small piece of Kleenex to check for the return air being drawn into this area, I knew the filters had to be there somewhere.
Like a darn fool I was looking for a couple of filters that would look like what my house unit uses. This filter was of the green mesh layered material. No border around the material. The filter material was simply pushed into a cut out opening in the floor under the lower drawers of the dresser. To make it even more difficult to find, there are a number of large diameter air vent hose laying directly over the filters, making them very easy to over look.
Good Luck...Hope this was of some assistance,
Jon
JVJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:49 PM   #3
JVJ

I just pulled up your floorplan, if I looked at the correct model you have a slide out where the dresser would be located. Which in this case, I would doubt that the filter is under the dresser. However your W/D is in the same location as ours. Check to see if you have a return vent under the W/D. If you do, remove those vents and look to see if the filters are mounted in that cavity. If not look around for the direction the air flow is traveling and trace it to were it passes back through the floor of the coach to the A/C unit. I have heard of a coach or two where the filters are located in a compartment that can be accessed via the closet/wardrobe.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:09 PM   #4

Thanks

Have looked in most of those places but will return and start again. Really appreciate your comeback and effort on my behalf, thanks again!
Old 09-21-2010, 09:30 PM   #5
JVJ

On my coach, there are two filters, pretty much right in line, next to each other. They are only maybe 4"X7" when pulled out. However, when installed they are pushed down into a floor opening and held in place simply by being squeezed into a smaller opening. Again, I can't stress enough that there maybe a need to move duct work or electrical wire around that may be laying over the filters and helping to hide them from site.
Don't feel bad about having trouble finding them. I posted the same question a few times on different sites and it still took me a long time to locate them.
It was deductive reasoning that ended up leading us in the right direction.....and yes some prodding from the wife, saying look harder, it is there somewhere....darned if she wasn't right.....AGAIN!!
Old 09-24-2010, 04:11 PM   #6
JVJ

Did you ever locate your filters? If so please post where you located them....that way in the future when someone else with the same floor plan as you can't locate theirs, They can find the answer with the use of the search function.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:57 PM   #7

still looking

Have not located the filters yet but am still looking. Thanks for all the suggestions. Will advise where, when, and if I find them.