Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2015, 10:05 AM   #15

fogged windows

Lloyd mentioned the company in Greensboro, RV Glass Repair Services | Quality Side Glass Repairs for Dealers & RV Owners | Greensboro, North Carolina. They told me after 3-6 months of heat the damage "bakes" on the window and won't come clean. They keep a pattern library of all the units they work on. If they have the unit they will ship to you for a reasonable price. Otherwise they have a few options to help you.
hubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2015, 03:12 PM   #16

Finally got the front side windows de-fogged on our '07 Dolphin. Both large windows, and both fixed (non-sliders). Dan @ PRO-TEC (San Diego, CA. (619) 425-7291) did the job. I somehow totally misunderstood his previous bid - thankfully!! I think he was driving at the time, the phone connection was not good, and he didn't make much sense. So here's what transpired. He charges $85 per hour labor to R&R the windows. He quoted two hours - total $170. However, he allowed me to do the R&R myself, so I saved $170 there. Each 23" X 47" window cost $215 ($430 total), and each 10" X 23" window cost $50 (total $100). Grand total: $530. PLUS, he gave me a roll of putty tape, a tube of professional grade silicon calking, and a plastic tool to remove any "squeeze out" of the putty. He took the windows, and returned them in a couple days. He does all sorts of window repairs on all sorts of vehicles, plus residential. He explained that his process was to disassemble the window, thoroughly clean the glass facing inside, etch the outside perimeter of the glass to better assure a good bond, prime the etched portions, apply a special sealer, and reassemble the dual panes. He said it was moisture that leaks into the dual panes that causes the hazing, and he had developed a process to thoroughly expel any moisture during the reassembly process. Our weather was around 100 degrees and extremely humid - the worst possible conditions to be defogging windows, according to him. Other than a few light scratches on the black aluminum frames (I'm a perfectionist!), his work appeared to be flawless. On top of that, he warrantees his work for one year. All in all, I would highly recommend him to ya'll in the San Diego area!

PS: I tried to respond to the fellow in Vista who sent me the personal message, but I could not get the message to transmit. Most likely "operator error"!!!
Gary
garyvont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 11:13 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyvont View Post

PS: I tried to respond to the fellow in Vista who sent me the personal message, but I could not get the message to transmit. Most likely "operator error"!!!
Gary
Gary,

It sounds like Dan worked out well for you. I have not fixed my windows yet but hope to soon. Thanks for the follow-up.

John (from Vista)
Old 09-18-2015, 08:02 AM   #18

John, I'm glad you got the message, anyway you got it! Unless you really enjoy working in cramped quarters with little 90 degree angle screwdrivers, and with things that are awkward to handle, and enjoy climbing ladders, I would leave the R&R to Dan. If you get a lot of pleasure in doing things yourself, let me know, and I'll give you a step-by-step rundown on how to do it!
Gary
Old 10-16-2015, 03:17 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Great service at RV Fog Dr. in Searcy, AR

We just had 8 windows cleaned at RV Fog Doctor.
The service was professional and complete. I thought the price was reasonable at $200 per 2 pane window. They remove the valances, then the window, disassemble, split the pane, remove the spacers, clean the panes, replace the spacer with a special desiccant type spacer and then hot seal the panes. Reassemble the panes into the window frames, install into the coach and replace the valances. Some of the windows have been fogged for a couple of years but they are all crystal clear. The technicians used booties inside the coach. It took about 1 full day to do all 8. Full 50 amp hookup available. I understand they get busy during the snowbird migration so better make a reservation. I would recommend this company.
Old 10-17-2015, 10:52 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRuth View Post
Auto Glass Boss
2425 E Main Street
Mesa Az 85204
480 962-3886

They did great work for us at a fair price. I would use them again without question.
Mike
I second the recommendation. Came to my house and fixed 3 windows on my Tradewinds. I have a seal beginning to creep so I'll be using them again for sure.
Chuck
Chuck47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 06:17 PM   #21
YO_

National RV Owners Club
Hi Gary, Have about 4 windows that need to be fixed. See you had Dan @ PRO-TEC (San Diego, CA. (619) 425-7291) fix your windows. Been a short time for you but how they working?

Ed (Vista)
YO_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 08:55 PM   #22

How about it! Will be in the West Phoenix area for a few months. Can anyone recommend a place to get Windows defogged/repaired.?

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:21 AM   #23

Ed, So far, so good. I think his method of defogging them may be one of the best. Some time ago, I read - somewhere - that another fellow who defogs these windows is inserting desiccant (?) - the stuff that collects moisture - in between the panes of glass. If I ever have to have them done again, I'm definitely going to suggest he do that!
Gary
Old 12-01-2015, 06:30 PM   #24

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We had Six foggy windows repaired three years ago by Boss Auto Glass in Meza Az, 90 dollars per window, you need to make an appointment in advance as they are always busy , we had an appointment for 8.00 and they were done by 2.00 pm. They did a great job and I would recommend them to anyone. Boss Auto ph. 480-962-3886, hopes this helps
Campcariboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 08:15 AM   #25

To Sandi. I just bought an 2007 Dolphin 5355 and my passenger window is fogged and drivers starting. Did you ever find anyone to do yours. I live in Cumming, Ga
Bigwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 08:13 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwiz View Post
To Sandi. I just bought an 2007 Dolphin 5355 and my passenger window is fogged and drivers starting. Did you ever find anyone to do yours. I live in Cumming, Ga
Mine has not been repaired. I called all the normal RV shops around Atlanta/Byron and they had to send the glass out once my RV was on their lot for ??? weeks. The best option I have is with RV Glass Repair, Greensboro NC. They were very responsive to my calls and emails.

Scott Harkey
RV Glass Repair Services
510 N Spring St Greensboro NC 27401
336 273 7661

lenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 08:21 AM   #27

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck47 View Post
I second the recommendation. Came to my house and fixed 3 windows on my Tradewinds. I have a seal beginning to creep so I'll be using them again for sure.
Chuck

X4
Auto Glass Boss
Mesa,AZ

Pictures: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=AE67F...213509&o=OneUp

Dick
Old 12-16-2015, 01:01 PM   #28

Thank you Sandi and everyone. I am going to have rv glass in greensboro do it for me. Thanks again.
Bigwiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair, window