Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2011, 11:28 AM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Fridge works on gas, not on 120v

Just a tip: I had this issue yesterday, I had just washed the coach and plugged it in to get everything ready for a trip this weekend. The fridge wouldn't switch to AC power with shore power connected. Turns out the GFCI in the bathroom (!) was tripped. Reset the breaker and voila! --all fixed now.

Seems weird that the fridge would get its 120v from that circuit, but whatever. Hopefully this will save someone a few hours of aggravation...
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2011, 11:45 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to The General
Hey Noozey Guy,

Had a friend that went bonkers looking for the "bad fuse."

No refer, bathroom, closet, rear reading lights and no bedroom lights.

As I left his RV, I pushed the bathroom GFCI in and I became an instant hero.

I'm sure you will save a lot of people a lot of time with this quick fix.

Steve
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 10:00 AM   #3

Check the AC outlet inside the refer service port on the side of the coach. Do this with your inverter off and the coach connected to shore power. You can use a lamp for the test. On some coaches one of the duplex outlets will connect to the inverter. The inverter outlet should only connect to the icemaker if so equipped. The other outlet is only connected to shore power. It may be part of the GFI circuit so check that as mentioned above. If you do have AC power at the outlet and still no cooling I would suspect the heating element in the heat exchanger. You can measure it heating element with an ohm meter it should read about 60 ohms if memory serves correctly. be sure to remove the AC when checking the heating element.

Good luck ~ Bill
Bill WA6YBD is offline   Reply With Quote