Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-13-2020, 12:31 AM   #1

Front Clearance Lights

Hi - 2008 Seabreeze 32 LX - trying to solve the problem of no front running/clearance lights. Rear clearance lights are working fine as well as side markers. Checked front bubs and all good and clean with no 12 volts showing. Finally found the hidden fuse box in dash ahead of driver console, thanks to posts on this site, thank you very much. However, had to use trial and error method of discovering which fuse was on the clearance light circuit as I don't have any schematic with my documentation. All fuses were fine, and I found the one for the rear and side marker lights but couldn't find any other fuse that controlled the front lights. So I need to know #1 if the front lights are on the same circuit as the rears, or do they have a different circuit all together, #2 any idea on the factory routing of the wires to the front clearance lights (left side? / right side?) and #3 does anybody have the schematic that maps all those fuses? I really don't want to tear the whole dash apart trying to figure this out, if possible!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.!!!

Thanks DK
Fxstcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2020, 11:07 AM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have a Notional Tropical. I don't know if they are similar but outs has all of the fuses on the drivers side in the front compartment. The tront marker lights run up along thr right side wall and up inside the drivers side window trim. I could see them when we pulled out the TV last year. It looks like we would have to drop the plastic panel beneath the thee cabinets and TV. It goes side to side and is held in with screws. After that there is a clear line of sight to the lights. I have never heard of front and back markers having different fuses but it is possible. If you can't get the diagram of the fuses then I would first test all fuses without removing them using a continuity tester (on your multimeter) then check for continuity between both the + and - sides of the light fixtures and the fuse box and a ground. Hope someone has a simpler idea.
33' 2008 National Tropical on a Freightliner chassis.RVM#189
Kahoona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 09:15 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
My 07 Pacifica had same issue. Bad ground wire. All behind tv. I have been removing useless wiring off & on for about a year.
TOM356C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 12:38 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM356C View Post
My 07 Pacifica had same issue. Bad ground wire. All behind tv. I have been removing useless wiring off & on for about a year.
Ah yes! The first rule of RV electrical problems: It ' probably the ground wire.
Did you remove the TV? I did. Took up too much space in the windshield view area. Got a slightly larger flat screen and just set it wherever we need it, Leave it on the bed when not needed.
Old 05-14-2020, 03:57 PM   #5

Hi guys and thanks for the responses!!

I am the third owner and one of the previous owners did remove the TV and added four Carefree electric shades to the front windows. It appears that whoever did the work made a big mess of the electrical under the dash. I cant decipher what was done without tearing the whole overhead and dash plastic off and I don't think I'm up for that at this moment. I guess I will just run without front clearance markers for the time being. I did check the wiring at the bulbs up front and found that with the headlight switch off, I have continuity to ground on both sides of the bulb (?). With the lights switched on, I have 12 volts on both sides of the bulb (?)..... that just isn't right in my mind. The rear lights show continuity to ground on both sides with lights off and 12 volts to one side with them on, and they work fine. Something just isn't right..! Not sure what that means.!

Thanks again for responding!!
DK
t
Old 05-14-2020, 05:53 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Puzzled me for a minute too but- The bulbs are in the circuit connecting both sides together so they would measure the same. They are also on the same circuit as the rear then because with a separate blown breaker they would show no 12v. So you have 12v when the switch is on. A short would blow the breaker. There still could be a corroded ground that will show continuity but not pass enough current to light them. Try pulling one bulb and grounding the center terminal. Do the others light? Did you take each bulb out and check it for continuity?
I attached a picture of ours. That wood panel has screws so we can take it out. We also stuffed in some styrafoam to deaden sound and insulate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200514_155001[1].jpg
Views:	15
Size:	170.8 KB
ID:	285334  
Old 05-15-2020, 04:53 PM   #7

Well I was puzzled too but gave the grounding a try. Figured worst case I blow a fuse.>! Had to guess at which of the contacts was supposed to be ground because they are the small bulbs with a left and right side contact (no center / ground post) with the fixtures well siliconed in to the body. My first guess at ground side was good and the rest of the front lights came on.! Amazing..! So your thought about bad ground was right on the money.! Thank you for that suggestion.!! Now I just need to figure out how to either find the original ground and correct it or figure a way to provide a new ground.!

Here is the front of my Seabreeze.... you can see the difference is pretty significant.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2261.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	178.7 KB
ID:	285463  
Old 05-17-2020, 11:23 PM   #8

Smile

Well I couldn't take the pressure of not having those dang lights working, and I couldn't stand the idea of pulling the whole front interior screens, fans and plastic off,so I decided to try pulling one corner light to take a look see. Came up with a way to feed a new wire down the inside corner of the coach using a section of 1/4 soft copper to guide it through the maze. Had to bend it just right and after several attempts was able to finagle that little darling down to the inner limits of the dash and fished it out! Took a while but WAY less painful than the alternative..! Spliced into the faulty ground side of that light and VOILA... it worked..!

Thanks to Kahoona for putting me on the right track.>!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2262.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	402.7 KB
ID:	285786  
Old 05-18-2020, 09:12 AM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fxstcman View Post
Well I couldn't take the pressure of not having those dang lights working, and I couldn't stand the idea of pulling the whole front interior screens, fans and plastic off,so I decided to try pulling one corner light to take a look see. Came up with a way to feed a new wire down the inside corner of the coach using a section of 1/4 soft copper to guide it through the maze. Had to bend it just right and after several attempts was able to finagle that little darling down to the inner limits of the dash and fished it out! Took a while but WAY less painful than the alternative..! Spliced into the faulty ground side of that light and VOILA... it worked..!

Thanks to Kahoona for putting me on the right track.>!!
Way to go! Outside of the box. Glad to hear that you didn't give up.

That copper was a good tool too. Easy to fish with.

Tags
light, lights