Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2017, 02:39 PM   #1

Generac in 1999 Tradeswinds

so today I got a 1999 Tradeswinds 7370 , it has a generac LP generator

only 240 hr on it , it was working a few days ago when I went for a test drive , now today when I was suppose to pick the RV it would not enage the starter the diesel starts few the owner had just replaced the starter batteries and two of the house batteries , what I need to know is if there is any solenoid between the batteries and the gen other then the starter solenoid
the owner did not want to put anymore $$ into this coach and I took with the gen not starting , I do have the schematic for the gen , just not from the batteries to the gen , is that available ?
ibedonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2017, 03:02 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
First, Congratulations on buying a 1999 Tradewinds! We LOVE ours.
I'm at work today so I can't look up the answer to your question, but I will as soon as I get the chance.
However, I won't be surprised if you don't get your answer from one of the many Tradewinds owners here on the forum.
DKStall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 03:11 PM   #3

Is switch for house batteries on? There is a circuit breaker on 12v distribution panel. Also a fuse on generator for start switch.

Sent from my SM-G900V using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
jfoldesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 04:59 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfoldesi View Post
Is switch for house batteries on? There is a circuit breaker on 12v distribution panel. Also a fuse on generator for start switch.

Sent from my SM-G900V using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
ok I wil check those , I did not have anyone to give me a ride today so I just the paper work , so do not have the coach at my home yet , I was told they checked the fuse on the gen

I am thinking they fubar'd something when they were messing with the house batteries , is there just a heavy gauge cable going from HB to gen starter solenoid ?
Old 06-14-2017, 05:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKStall View Post
First, Congratulations on buying a 1999 Tradewinds! We LOVE ours.
I'm at work today so I can't look up the answer to your question, but I will as soon as I get the chance.
However, I won't be surprised if you don't get your answer from one of the many Tradewinds owners here on the forum.
thanks , this one only has 54k miles on it and clean

got it for $18,900

new roof , new a/c units , floor is soft in a few places , but I will fix that
it did have a leak before the roof was fixed in the front pass area
Old 06-14-2017, 05:14 PM   #6

The cable to generator will come from 12 volt distribution panel.
Old 06-14-2017, 05:18 PM   #7

Quote:
The cable to generator will come from 12 volt distribution panel.
so hence , check the breaker ?
Old 06-14-2017, 05:21 PM   #8

And that switch for house battery is on. Not that I've ever forgotten it.
Old 06-15-2017, 05:40 AM   #9

generac

Check the breaker at the BatDisbCenter. Will be hard to see but you can feel it, also if your jacks are working, it is not the breaker. Then clean grounds, at the gen and on the frame rail, re-test batts (why 2 replaced only?). Check fuse holder on gen closely. Look at rialtainfo.com Generac Diagnostic Repair page 31 for other ideas. The part numbers in this may not be yours but the concepts will be the same. Having issues with mine too. Good luck.
Whaler2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 09:20 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaler2 View Post
Check the breaker at the BatDisbCenter. Will be hard to see but you can feel it, also if your jacks are working, it is not the breaker. Then clean grounds, at the gen and on the frame rail, re-test batts (why 2 replaced only?). Check fuse holder on gen closely. Look at rialtainfo.com Generac Diagnostic Repair page 31 for other ideas. The part numbers in this may not be yours but the concepts will be the same. Having issues with mine too. Good luck.
yep , they only did two and the other 2 is disconnected , so going have to get two more , they refused to put more $$ into it
maybe they messed something up

I do not know where the 12v circuit breaker panel is , have not found it yet , but at least I have it home
Old 06-15-2017, 10:07 AM   #11

I found the 12v fuse panel and inverter , but do not see a breaker where the batteries are , also where do you turn on the house side , is that the switch on the bat level panel ?
Old 06-15-2017, 10:58 AM   #12

I am downloading the service manuals from yahoo group link
Old 06-15-2017, 04:22 PM   #13

The circuit breaker is on back side of circuit board. ~1.5" x 1.5". Has reset button on outside edge. Does not look like regular cb.
Old 06-15-2017, 06:28 PM   #14

Quote:
The circuit breaker is on back side of circuit board. ~1.5" x 1.5". Has reset button on outside edge. Does not look like regular cb.

ok I did find that , and it had a little black button on which I held in , it seemed to do something because it does not feel the same now when pressing it

but no gen start yet

so tell me what I have to have on before the gen will start ?