Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2015, 01:06 PM   #1

grease Zerks on levelers

How often do i grease them and do i grease them when the levelers are up or down. What kind of grease do i use and when do i know when i should stop pumping the grease gun 2000 Tradewinds model 7373. Thanks, Rivrduk. ( I just discovered the Zerks when i crawled under the motorhome the other day).
rivrduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2015, 09:55 AM   #2

I haven't heard of or seen grease fitting on levelers .
I'm assuming they are electric .
Could you post the brand name of the leveler system or a picture of the jack showing the fitting.
Old 10-20-2015, 10:42 AM   #3

If Power Gear Stabilizer system:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/mi...r_touchpad.pdf

Quote:
Jacks equipped with grease fittings at the bottom of the cylinder should be greased with a light weight lithium grease using a hand pump style grease gun only. 2 or 3 pumps should be sufficient for 20-30 uses.
This is what I do with mine. I use Tractor Supply Mystik JT-6 for all of the joints including the leveling jacks.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 01:04 PM   #4

Thanks Bigd9 they are power gears I will do what you said. Thanks again. Rivrduk
rivrduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 04:39 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Here is what I posted yesterday but it's not there now:

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner

My Winne manual states twice a year (doesn't matter if they are up or down). They also recommend black lithium grease...same as for the chassis. In addition, the rams should be sprayed with silicon- obviously with the feet down. I wouldn't think that your National RV regimen would be any different. Hope this answers your question....Also just a couple of pumps does it- the grease should ooze out the ram seal.
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 05:26 PM   #6

Be careful. Different manufactures have different requirements for lubricating the rams or chrome cylinders. Power Gear recommends silicone spray several times a year.

However HWH says:
Quote:
"Lubricating a jack rod can help with retraction time but if lubrication is necessary, there is most likely a problem with the springs or the jack itself. The only thing HWH recommends to use is WD-40®. Refer to the following link for jack maintenance information: ml47149.pdf. The following link gives detailed information about allowable jack retraction times: mi9553.pdf"

Motorhome manufactures can switch from one jack manufacturer to another so it is always good to check what you have
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 12:00 PM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Power gear puts Zerks on SOME levelers.. A single shot of White Lithium is recommended (i used black) with every standard lube job.

Tags
levelers