Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2018, 05:01 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Head lights upgrade

Was thinking about maybe upgrading the headlights on the MH. Has anyone done such an upgrade to there tradewinds. If so What did you go with and what were the results. I just know that the newer headlights out there seem to much brighter. Is there a plug in replacement with better light for night time driving. Thank in advance for the responses.
Covelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2018, 03:50 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have not done a headlight upgrade, although I have thought about it on more than one occasion. Not sure what to buy. I had a headlamp ring break a couple years ago and it turned out that the headlight mounts on our 1999 Tradewinds are OEM for a Mazda pick up truck. I'd hate to buy something only to find out it won't fit/work for me. Keep us posted on your progress.

P.S. There was another post from a NRV owner today (F4Jock) who has ordered upgrade lights for his 1997 Tropi-Cal. I'm going to be interested in how that works out for him as well.
DKStall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 04:27 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Headlights

I had two broken lenses so I ordered two new lenses.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The bulbs can be upgraded to the silver
C1v1leng is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights, upgrade