Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2022, 09:34 PM   #1

Headlight replacements?

Anyone replaced the headlights on a 2004 or similar Seabreeze? I'm wondering how difficult it was. Doesn't seem like very good access to replace them.
TJHUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2022, 02:49 AM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJHUB View Post
Anyone replaced the headlights on a 2004 or similar Seabreeze? I'm wondering how difficult it was. Doesn't seem like very good access to replace them.
We replaced our headlights on our 2006 SeaBreezeLX. I bought them from a Headlight Warehouse on-line, and our shop did the replacement. They are held on by a couple of screws and 2 clips, but my back would not allow me to get up in there to do the work. The shop charged us 1 hour.

Al
Old 05-26-2022, 09:41 AM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Headlight replacement

Quote:
I replaced the headlights in my 2007 Seabreeze 8321 LX.t they were Chevy Silverado/Tahoe.
I bought some with "smoked" lenses from Amazon and had a local automotive repair shop install them. My back is bad and I couldn't do the work myself. It was not an easy one hour job. National did a very poor job installing them in the first place. The shop owner only charged me for 2 hours labor, but he told me that he had about 4 hours into the job which included adjustment.
They look great, but I have never attempted to drive it at night since the replacement. The previous lights were worthless at night and I don't want to drive after dark unless I absolutely have too.
charlespierc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 09:54 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Quote:

Why do you need to replace your headlights? Are they broken or are you looking to make them brighter?

I had a problem with my 1999 Seaview where the headlights were so dim, I would drive with the high beams on and no one would flash me. Actually, it was quite terrifying driving at night and not being able to see.

Eventually, I solved the problem by replacing the bulbs with LED bulbs that were truly plug and play. These are the ones I used but there are many other options available. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cheap upgrade that made a huge difference in my ability to see at night. Took less than 15 minutes to change. If you go this route, be sure to buy an extra pair of lock rings as the old ones become quite brittle over time. Hope this helps with your problem.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
JayManges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 06:20 AM   #5

Thanks for the comments. It didn't look easy, and it appears not to be. I'm still planning to tackle the job, but still very hesitant.

I want to replace them because they are very fogged and look bad. I would just polish them out and clear coat them, but one light housing is broken from a stone hit. I could just polish them out and live with it, which would still be better than what I have now.

Fun fact: I've had this motorhome since 2018, and I think I've only driven it once in the dark. And that one time was a very rainy, foggy night through country roads that was not very fun at all.
TJHUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 08:56 AM   #6

Quote:
Thanks for the comments. It didn't look easy, and it appears not to be. I'm still planning to tackle the job, but still very hesitant.

I want to replace them because they are very fogged and look bad. I would just polish them out and clear coat them, but one light housing is broken from a stone hit. I could just polish them out and live with it, which would still be better than what I have now.

Fun fact: I've had this motorhome since 2018, and I think I've only driven it once in the dark. And that one time was a very rainy, foggy night through country roads that was not very fun at all.
Same here. Had my Dolphin for 3-1/2 years now and only drove it once at night when the park we had chosen turned out to be a dump and DW made me drive until we found a better place, lol. Headlights were horrible. So far I've only readjusted them, but replacement is on my list.
Old 05-31-2022, 10:31 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I did one but still need to do the other. The mounting is a joke and I really need to rework the whole thing. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 09-23-2022, 10:30 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamJam1 View Post
Same here. Had my Dolphin for 3-1/2 years now and only drove it once at night when the park we had chosen turned out to be a dump and DW made me drive until we found a better place, lol. Headlights were horrible. So far I've only readjusted them, but replacement is on my list.
Hi Cam Jam 1.. Did you replace your headlights? Have a 2003 Dolphin 6320 LX and need to replace mine.... Thanks
Tov61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 12:06 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tov61 View Post
Hi Cam Jam 1.. Did you replace your headlights? Have a 2003 Dolphin 6320 LX and need to replace mine.... Thanks
Sorry, haven't gotten around to doing mine yet.
CamJam1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, headlight, light, replace, replacement