Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2021, 12:58 PM   #1

Angry HELP, I don't know how to use my RV. need an owner's manual

Just got my first motor home for retirement and cant figure out things like how to light the furnace, turn on the fridge (electric or propane). Im in desperate need of a user's manual but cant find one, 2006 National Sea Breeze, model M8311 workhorse. Where can I find one.
terrybagby is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2021, 01:02 PM   #2

Welcome to iRV2.

Many appliance users manuals are available at this site , you'll need info from the appliances .

www.myrvworks.com/manuals/
Old 08-20-2021, 01:34 PM   #3

There is not one "owners manual" for your RV like you would get with your car.

Every RV comes with some sort of container that has all individual the manuals.

When I owned a 2006-07 Sea Breeze it came with a substancial accordion file holder full of all the manuals. There must have been 50-100 different manuals from everything like the fridge, stove, tv's, toilets, awnings, etc.... literally every part that was purchased from a vendor and installed during the construction of the motorhome.

Like I said... Every motorhome I have ever seen or owned has had this set of manuals.... and every motorhome is built differently with different parts used, so there is no universal set of manuals. Even two coaches from the same brand, built the same year, could have several different components installed so different manuals.

The first thing I would advise you is, you should tear the whole RV a part to see if its hidden in there somewhere in a cabinet under a couch... and leave no area unchecked.

Where did you get the motorhome ? Have you asked them?

If you didn't know, National RV went out of business around 2009 so you're not getting help from them.

The only other option might be to find a "Mobile RV mechanic" or "RV inspector" and pay them for 2-5 hours to go thru and inspect, show and teach you everything. I would guess it would be +$75 / per hour cheapest and could be double that.

Good luck!
AZ RV'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 02:13 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Search for your answers here using the "Powered by Google" search bar. Look for the individual components then post any further questions in the RV systems and appliances section.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	32
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	340283  
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 02:29 PM   #5

HELP, I don't know how to use my RV. need an owner's manual

I bought a CD on line that had every possible combination of appliance manuals, operators manuals, and generator manual. around $30 on EBay.
azlandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 02:55 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
If you are on Facebook there is a group page for National RV motorhome owners. They are a very helpful group and they also have a file section you can download lots of stuff from.
firstaidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 04:02 PM   #7

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Make a LIST starting w/ chassis/ brand/ Model & VIN, then list each APPLIANCE Brand/Model #, and you can search Online and save all to ONE folder w/ sub-folders by Brand. THEN you can search for OM/SM/IPL= Owner Manuals/ Service Manuals/ Illustrated Parts List *** Owner Manuals from the RV MFR website will be helpful, but "Generic Overview" from (MOST); some MFR do a MUCH better job, (*** Goal TO GET where you can, with 1-click, copy all to a FLASHDRIVE :-) HOPE this helps?
Old 08-24-2021, 11:20 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Phone a Friend

Or a neighbor, or a relative who has an RV. While no two are exactly alike, most are quite similar, especially if they are close to the same age. Invite them over for a beer (or two) during an afternoon, and they will help you get better acquainted with your motorhome. You may not get all your questions answered, but you will get a general idea.

If it’s someone you know well enough, you might even take your first outing together to a local campground with full hookups.
Old 08-25-2021, 03:54 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
link to manual https://www.nrvclub.com/?fbclid=IwAR...RTQ50Al2LjpU6Y
Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manual