Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-21-2016, 10:57 PM   #15

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by yn1bennett View Post
My mechanic stated to me that the passenger front of my unit had a small list to the right and was down lower on that side.
What would I have to look at to adjust or get the front alignment people to look at to adjust or check this situation out?
Common problem with the F53. You can do two things to correct it. 1. Add air bags/springs to the front. I installed Airlift bags to mine. 2. Have a spring shop install a spacer between the leaf spring and axle to level it.
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat Pickup 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000,1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700, 2,740 Pin Weight.
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2016, 07:21 AM   #16

National RV Owners Club
SteeringGear Box

I have a small amount of play in the wheel. I was told that this little may well be done away with after the front wheel alignment is completed.

Mechanic did the troubleshooting with someone on the steering wheel turning it and another someone under the "hood" watching.

Play was caused by steering box was confirmed. At that time an alignment was out of the question.

Mechanic looked over all front end to ensure all else was ok. He gave it a thumbs up that all else was ok.

May have to do the spring thing on the passenger side front to level it out. I'll make that judgement call and get the alignment shop to check all out also. Was suggested that the shocks may be gone.

I'll post information after my alignment tomorrow.

Thanks everyone.
yn1bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 12:39 AM   #17

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Before I installed the front air bags the passenger (right) list caused the caused the steering to have a pull to the right. With the air bags used to level the front I don't have the right side pull. I run 35 PSI in the right bag and 25 PSI in the left bag.
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat Pickup 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000,1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700, 2,740 Pin Weight.
Old 06-24-2016, 07:07 AM   #18

National RV Owners Club
Steering box

Well, well, well. Bad news. Mechanic states that my Ryde-More (for the tag axle) has broken on passenger side which makes the passenger side list about 2 1/2 ".
He states $3,700.00 to replace both and that this will correct the list and make this coach ride better and not sway so much on the passenger side.
Looks as if someone (previous owner) had air bags on the rear and removed them. Then he states the coach was overloaded on passenger side and hit something hard (pot hole maybe) which broke the Ryde-More springs??
Seems like a lot of money for something like this.

Anyone have any ideas except add air bags to the front?
yn1bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 11:48 PM   #19

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Overtime the rubber springs deteriorate and need to be replaced. I replaced mine a few years ago, mine starting the show cracks in the rubber. The new springs do make a big difference in the ride and handling. When I bought the replacement springs from Mor/Ryde they were just under $700 for the two springs. Did the install myself, not a big job but you need to correct tool for the job. I have a 10 ton floor jack, 12 ton jack stands, and air tool.
I don't recall if you have had the tag axle brakes checked that they are working? There is a lot of information on IRV2 concerning the repair of the brakes.
Old 07-01-2016, 03:28 AM   #20

National RV Owners Club
hi, what does a bell crank do and are they easy to install? Txs
Akwoofer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
steering