Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2008, 10:14 AM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I need to take the window out for resealing and I cannot see how to get it out. I need to take the whole frame out. I do not any screws. How do I take it out.

08 Dolphin on WorkHorse W24
LeeSoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2008, 10:14 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I need to take the window out for resealing and I cannot see how to get it out. I need to take the whole frame out. I do not any screws. How do I take it out.

Old 04-04-2008, 08:00 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Lee,
I ran up against same issue when trying to replace rear bedroom window frame. It turned out that there is a stiff rubber like bezel trim flange all around the inside frame. The bezel locks into a groove extruded on the window frame this needed to be pried - popped off first. I think then the window is free to fall outward so you need a helper outside.

I would expect same hold true for all the 2003 Dolphin windows. Hmmm except my rear window which has the screws exposed on the inside.

Marty
Old 04-05-2008, 04:20 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for the response. My rear window has screws all the way around just like yours. I can see how it comes out but I cannot see how to get the front passenger's window out. I will look for the bezel. Thanks

Old 04-05-2008, 08:22 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I took a look at the old window frame stored in my attic. The frame appears to be held in the wall opening solely by the rubber bezel. I would guess the frame is installed from the outside and held in place by one person. A second person inside would work the rubber flanged bezel into the space between the opening and the window frame. The outer perimeter of the frame that sits in the wall opening has a groove matching the bezels backside protruding bead. That bead gets worked into the groove working all the way around the frame. There may be a special tool to do that.

There was some form of gasketing that existed between the frames outside metal flange and the wall opening. I don't have that to describe to you since it was reused with the new window.

Marty