Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2017, 07:17 PM   #1

Intellitec Air Conditioner Control unit

My 2007 Surfside has an Intellitec Air Conditioner Master Control unit that monitors current draw and sheds A/c as needed. Kind of a mini-EMS since only the air conditioners loads can be shed. At least that's what it's supposed to do. The part # is 00-00855-000

I'm looking for a manual. Preferably something technical but I'll take anything I can get. Google didn't help much. If anybody can point me in the right direction I sure would appreciate it.
hohenwald48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2017, 10:23 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Have you tried contacting Intellitec directly? A search for your model number turns up nothing, but they do offer a product, an Automatic Energy Select Switch that might be a newer model of what you have. It does have a PDF manual available. Products - Energy Management - Smart energy management systems -

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 09:09 AM   #3

I think what it does is monitor the current draw on the main breaker (30A). In the event of an over current condition it shuts off the front air conditioner. It doesn't really shut down the ac power to the front air conditioner but simply shuts off the thermostat for that unit. So, all it appears to control is thermostat operation and not really managing the power coming in to the RV.

My unit has been rewired by a previous owner so there is a lot of non-standard stuff going on. It looks to have been done mostly correctly but I have found some questionable wiring methods I had to undo. Additionally, I have two transfer switches. One in a front compartment that transfers one leg of the 50A shore/generator power and another in the rear most compartment that transfers the other leg. Clearly an add-on and not likely done by NRV.

One really odd thing I found was that the shore cord comes immediately in to a pair of breakers. One is 30A and feeds the main service panel. The other is 20A and appears to only feed the front air conditioner. For some reason, when I opened it up, one leg skipped the breakers and went directly to the transfer switch. The other leg went thru both breakers in series.

I don't know what that was all about unless someone thought it was like batteries and a 20A breaker in series with a 30A breaker was the same as a 50A breaker. At any rate, I fixed that and redid all the connections in the ac system as the work was a little shoddy by my standards.

I also found a relay attached to the hot ac lead of the converter. I think it might be wired up to shut off the converter when the inverter (previous owner removed) is in operation. Likely it had a cheap inverter with no internal transfer capabilities.
Old 03-25-2017, 09:38 AM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
Wow, the previous owner played with things they didn't understand. I'd be sleeping with one eye open in an RV messed around with like that. I'm happy to hear you have the sense to figure out what was done, hope you can correct the issues and make it safe again.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 07:28 PM   #5

Thanks. Other than breakers wired in series, I haven't found much crazy stuff. Mostly poorly made wire nut connections. About the only thing I've found that I really don't like is the fact that the additional wiring added was done using solid instead of stranded copper. I've seen lot's of that in RVs and don't really like it but if you keep an eye on it there are usually no problems.

I'm still thinking about the 2 transfers switches and considering replacing them with a single 50A transfer switch but can't really see a problem with just leaving it as is and replacing the with single switch would be a mojor job. Since I effectively have two circuits, one 20A circuit and one 30A circuit and there is no connection between the two I think the double transfer switches are a non-issue. Even when plugged into a true 50A pedestal I can't think of any scenario that would cause a problem. If you can think of something I'd like to hear it.

I've been changing faucets, installing a new TV and surround system and scrubbing several years of black stuff from the roof all day so haven't really looked at the wiring anymore.

I generally inspect everything pretty good before I hit the road. Got my new poly bushings for the sway bar so there's another project. Power shades should arrive next week and I still have to change the big awning fabric. That should be fun. Thanks all.

Tags
air conditioner, intellitec