Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2007, 01:53 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Need some help for all you experts out there. I have a 2004 Dolphin 5342. It has a DUI12t/600 inverter. When I turn on the inverter I can operate the front TV/VCR. What I can't operate is the 1. outlet above sink, 2. outlet below flip up side board next to sink, 3. rear TV. Ater the power leaves the inverter where does it go? Are there seperate legs for each outlet?
I called NRV and was told I either had a bad inverter or a bad transfer switch. That doesn't make much sence to my pea brain...if one of those items were bad I wouldn't have power to the front TV. So where do I start tracing wires at? The wireing diagram I have from NRV shows the wires running from the rear vanity to the rear TV to the front TV. By the way the rear TV works perfect when either the gen is running or when plugged in to shore power.
Belgian is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2007, 01:53 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Need some help for all you experts out there. I have a 2004 Dolphin 5342. It has a DUI12t/600 inverter. When I turn on the inverter I can operate the front TV/VCR. What I can't operate is the 1. outlet above sink, 2. outlet below flip up side board next to sink, 3. rear TV. Ater the power leaves the inverter where does it go? Are there seperate legs for each outlet?
I called NRV and was told I either had a bad inverter or a bad transfer switch. That doesn't make much sence to my pea brain...if one of those items were bad I wouldn't have power to the front TV. So where do I start tracing wires at? The wireing diagram I have from NRV shows the wires running from the rear vanity to the rear TV to the front TV. By the way the rear TV works perfect when either the gen is running or when plugged in to shore power.
Belgian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 02:35 PM   #3

I have a 2005 Sea Breeze by National, similar to yours. My inverter powers only the right front cockpit outlet, so I can use my computer, and rear bedroom outlet, so I can watch rear TV with no shore power. All other outlets are hot only when hooked up to shore power, or running the generator. The two outlets on inverter are also hot on external power. This is a disadvantage, but can be rectified by rewiring House AC distribution. This project should be done by a qualified electrican, or someone very comfortable with the subject. When I need power at the dining table and no external available, it's an extension cord over the floor, plugged into the "hot" front receptical.
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 03:00 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have same model inverter as you. There is a transfer switch within it. If your front TV works with inverter,the only other powered outlets should be as Bill Davis describes. The NRV drawing for 120V ac circuits also show that to be correct.
The wiring diagram shows a duplex receptacle in the electrical bay just forward of the entry door. In mine, the ac output from the inverter is wired into a knockout in that duplex box and becomes the branch feed for the rear bed tv and vanity. From there it feeds the front entertainment center.The front TV power is relay switched via ignition switch to prevent front TV operation while driving.

I added a larger inverter and more batteries to provide all outlets with inverter power excluding water heater and a/cs

Marty

Try plugging in a 60 watt lamp at the rear bedroom outlet. The TV there may not like the output wave form of the inverter.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:41 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Start simple check your GFI outlets in kitchen and baths.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgian View Post
We have the same RV year and model. I know this is very old post wondering if you ever got anywhere with it? My 600 watt inverter powers only the front TV (not the front passenger seat outlet or rear tv). I'd like to wire to power rear tv too. I also have the junction box forward of the door in a bay. The inverter is routed to a single conduit feed which is heading towards the front of the cab (obviously only to the TV). Where do I find the schematics? Can someone provide. I have a good friend that's an electrical engineer I'm hoping can help me figure out how to do this.
Mike H 2002 Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote